Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CNAW won't start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Tech Support >> CNAW won't start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CNAW won't start - 12/1/2015 9:35:16 PM   
rwenstrup

Tried to reload CNAW...get dos message...apparently about Java incompatibility...tried loading latest Java download...

Won't start...is there a way to get it to work on Windows 10?

Thanks....

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."
Post #: 1
RE: CNAW won't start - 12/3/2015 12:03:00 PM   
Agathosdaimon

i was having this problem with CNAW in windows 7 - it might be the same issue - i have gotten my working again now after doing a reinstall. I actually had to do multiple reinstalls until i found the cause of the Java problems - bizarrley there was some strange CNAW folder in my directories that was hanging around wtih stuff in it even after a reinstall, so i went through made sure to remove any remaining CNAW folders and once i did that the game seems to now start and run with no problems.

check if you have any related folders for the game hanging around in your User and My Documents and general Game directories because those folders can contain some settings files which cause Java to crap itself i found

(in reply to rwenstrup)
Post #: 2
RE: CNAW won't start - 12/3/2015 12:41:36 PM   
zakblood

as with everything now days, you may have to load both versions, the 32bit and also the 64bit

i'm also using windows 10 64bit, don't own this game as such, but find if something works in any previous version of windows it will also work in windows 10 32/64 bit.

you may just need to run in compatibility mode and also update the re distributable's as well, good look, re post if it doesn't still work

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 12/3/2015 1:44:56 PM >

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Commander - Napoleon at War >> Tech Support >> CNAW won't start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI