Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steam being SUED!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Steam being SUED!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steam being SUED!!!! - 12/18/2015 8:14:57 PM   
demyansk

Here it is, I knew someone would bring this up and what do you know? it looks like this is going to be tested in court.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3017060/software-games/the-french-are-steamed-about-valves-unfair-game-resale-ban.html

Valve and games companies like it maintain that they are not selling a game, but merely licensing the right to use it.

This is going to be a good one - I hope they win? Plaintiffs not Steam?

I don't like the fact that they claim no responsibility, that's a crock of you know what

< Message edited by demjansk -- 12/18/2015 9:17:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Steam being SUED!!!! - 12/18/2015 8:20:03 PM   
zakblood

on second thoughts i'll say lol

another one

< Message edited by zakblood -- 12/18/2015 9:30:34 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 2
RE: Steam being SUED!!!! - 12/19/2015 1:25:51 AM   
demyansk

I wonder if Steam might need to think of it's customers in a better light? I like Matrix especially the customer support.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Steam being SUED!!!! - 12/19/2015 9:31:04 AM   
major.pain

Steam have already been taken to court on a number of occasions in Europe, Germany i think was the last time to do with its "no refund" policy. European countrys have different consumer protections than America and speaking for the UK we have the right by law to return a product within a certain time period (28 days iirc) and by law can demand to be refunded said amount.
So the Steam "no refund" policy was always going against UK law as well as other countrys within Europe and was for sure one of the reasons Steam had to change its policy and offer at least amend there practices to include the now limited returns policy.
Its crazy that a company is allowed to prevent the resale of goods you have paid for and if you apply this to other transactions of sale the insanity of it is evident.
But like all things in this world if you send a fat enough brown envelope to the right people you can get any insanity written into law these days and if enables a company to make more sales and hence more profit you can bet that those brown envelopes are going to be real fat :)

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 4
RE: Steam being SUED!!!! - 12/19/2015 12:03:49 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: demjansk

Here it is, I knew someone would bring this up and what do you know? it looks like this is going to be tested in court.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3017060/software-games/the-french-are-steamed-about-valves-unfair-game-resale-ban.html

Valve and games companies like it maintain that they are not selling a game, but merely licensing the right to use it.

This is going to be a good one - I hope they win? Plaintiffs not Steam?

I don't like the fact that they claim no responsibility, that's a crock of you know what

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Steam being SUED!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote