Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MH370 search team unearth 19th century shipwreck

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> MH370 search team unearth 19th century shipwreck Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MH370 search team unearth 19th century shipwreck - 1/13/2016 8:22:05 PM   
Zorch

'MH370 search team unearth 19th century shipwreck in hunt for missing Malaysia Airlines plane in Indian Ocean'

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/mh370-search-team-unearth-19th-century-shipwreck-in-hunt-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-in-a6809871.html

'The search for missing Malaysian Airlines MH370 plane that disappeared nearly two years ago has unearthed another 19th century shipwreck.

The Australian Transport Safety Bureau announced revealed hopes of a breakthrough were raised when a sonar search discovered a man-made object on the seabed.

However, a follow-up investigation using an underwater drone identified the object as a shipwreck - and not the missing Boeing 777. The wreck was found 1,600 miles off the Australian coastline at a depth of around 3,700m, following the sonar search in December.

It comes after another iron-clad cargo ship was found last year during the search, which was also initially thought to be wreckage from the plane. Hundreds of ships were lost in the Indian Ocean during the 19th century.

No further searches will be carried out to identify the latest ship discovered because of escalating costs in the search for the plane.

So far, the only recovered wreckage from the missing plane was found on the other side of the Indian Ocean, when a wing flap washed up on Reunion Island on 29 July 2015. The main bulk of the plane has still not been located, and some relatives of passengers believe their loved ones are still alive.

The plane, which was carrying 12 crew members and 227 passengers disappeared mid-flight between Kuala Lumpur and Beijing in March 2014. A multinational search began almost at once, a search which has become one of the largest and most expensive searches in history. '

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: MH370 search team unearth 19th century shipwreck - 1/13/2016 8:54:05 PM   
wings7

Wow! Thanks for sharing!

Patrick

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> MH370 search team unearth 19th century shipwreck Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI