Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Making custom scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Mods and Scenarios >> Making custom scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Making custom scenarios - 4/14/2016 3:44:55 AM   
mickxe5

One of the drawbacks to the Scenario Editor is that the forcepools are designed for the full campaign and are too large for smaller ops. This makes it impossible to win by attrition...neither side ever runs out of troops. The workaround is to use a spreadsheet app to edit the forcepools involved in an op down to the desired size (fpools.txt) or change them entirely. Any reinforcements also be edited in or removed. Use the workbook as a guide and as always, back up your data/base/ files.

The caveat is that youll need to start your custom op to lock your edited forcepools into the saved game file. If you use Line difficulty for both sides youll get exactly the unit quatities youve edited. You can then swap the original fpools.txt back into data/base but your save game file will retain those edits. This technique doesnt work with one-and-done battles unless you use the edited fpools file. Just remember to keep copies of your custom save game ops and drop a fresh copy into Games/Save when you want to play.

This is a relatively easy method for play balancing vs the CC AI by making the player much more conscious of his casualties.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Mods and Scenarios >> Making custom scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI