Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/27/2016 7:52:53 PM   
Sokar408

So I have comeback after a good year away from the game, and playing this game definitely isn't like riding a bike xD

How do I force captured civilian ships to retire? I have the following under Empire Policies Boarding & Capture:

"Enlist captured Civilian ships into civilian fleet: Never Enlist (always disassemble)"

"How Disassemble captured Civilian ships: Always disassemble at base for tech and resources"

However I have captured well over 8 civilian ships now, and they are all just go about civilian business instead of retiring. I usually use the method of capturing independent ships for tech in the early game, so this sets quite a bit back.
Post #: 1
RE: Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/28/2016 2:43:29 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

can you be more precise and describe what's happen immediately after capturing a civilian ship ?

(in reply to Sokar408)
Post #: 2
RE: Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/28/2016 6:24:05 PM   
Sokar408

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

can you be more precise and describe what's happen immediately after capturing a civilian ship ?

They start acting like normal private sector ships, transporting **** from one place to another

(in reply to Hattori Hanzo)
Post #: 3
RE: Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/29/2016 2:47:20 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

and that happen in all your Distant Worlds games or only in a particular one ?

anyway it's really strange..

it seem that you have the right "Empire Policies Boarding & Capture" options selected, so maybe can have something to do with the distance from the place of the capture of the ships and the base where the dissasemble of the ships should happen.

sorry, I don't have the necessary expertise to help you..

but still I'm curious

you should ask help directly to the Distant Worlds experts of the Matrix forum as Bingeling or Aeson to try solve this.

(in reply to Sokar408)
Post #: 4
RE: Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/29/2016 5:12:32 PM   
HerpInYourDerp

I don't think you can actually order civilian ships to do anything directly, other than scuttle. Everytime I've captured an independent freighter, they always either head to the nearest port for a retrofit or get assigned some transport mission regardless of whatever option I've set in Empire Policies, which is also always [Never Enlist & Disassemble for Tech] as well.

Post #: 5
RE: Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/30/2016 11:48:08 AM   
Sokar408

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hattori Hanzo

and that happen in all your Distant Worlds games or only in a particular one ?

anyway it's really strange..

it seem that you have the right "Empire Policies Boarding & Capture" options selected, so maybe can have something to do with the distance from the place of the capture of the ships and the base where the dissasemble of the ships should happen.

sorry, I don't have the necessary expertise to help you..

but still I'm curious

you should ask help directly to the Distant Worlds experts of the Matrix forum as Bingeling or Aeson to try solve this.

In my new game it works, so I really have no idea what is going on with it. I'll start a new game again later and see what happens in that one.

Post #: 6
RE: Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire - 1/30/2016 6:20:15 PM   
Hattori Hanzo

is the new game with the same alien race of the previous one or whith a different one ?

maybe some strange galactic alien races are better than other in disassembling captured ships..

it's just a simple supposition of course..

< Message edited by Hattori Hanzo -- 1/30/2016 7:23:00 PM >

(in reply to Sokar408)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Forcing Civilian captured ships to retire Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI