Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 2/28/2016 7:36:16 PM   
snowbird

1) German setup zones do not display a number. The American, British, and Russian setup zones all display their appropriate numbers and work fine.

2) Edit Message Error misspelling ("valid" is misspelled):

Sorry, this hex is not a vliad map hex.

Post #: 1
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 2/28/2016 8:52:02 PM   
WMMangus

I'll add another minor bug:

The Order of Battle panel in the Scenario Editor, the place where the units are listed
and the turn they become available could be a little wider. I'm finding the ID#'s are
covered-up by the scroll bar and are not readable. My resolution is native 1900 x 1200.
Extend it to the left another inch or so.

There's a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the panel but for some reason it doesn't
scroll for me.

< Message edited by WMMangus -- 2/28/2016 9:03:51 PM >

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 2
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 2/28/2016 10:23:57 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: snowbird

1) German setup zones do not display a number. The American, British, and Russian setup zones all display their appropriate numbers and work fine.

Yes the number is the for the German side but it's hard to see I guess

quote:

2) Edit Message Error misspelling ("valid" is misspelled):

Sorry, this hex is not a vliad map hex.

Thanks, I will fix it in the next patch.

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 3
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 2/28/2016 11:24:42 PM   
snowbird

Thanks Peter

I actually do see the number now on the German setup zone but it is barely visible -- a darker color would be great.

Of course, it could be my color vision too

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 4
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/2/2016 3:36:54 PM   
okiefire1

Using the editor, when I added an American MMG, the counter was LMG instead. The text shows MMG, however.

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 5
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/2/2016 6:08:08 PM   
Paullus

The Americans have a MMG, a HMG M1917 and a HMG M2HB in the counter mix. May you have mistaken the MMG image for a LMG?

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to okiefire1)
Post #: 6
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/2/2016 6:59:56 PM   
Krys

quote:

ORIGINAL: WMMangus

I'll add another minor bug:

The Order of Battle panel in the Scenario Editor, the place where the units are listed
and the turn they become available could be a little wider. I'm finding the ID#'s are
covered-up by the scroll bar and are not readable. My resolution is native 1900 x 1200.
Extend it to the left another inch or so.

There's a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the panel but for some reason it doesn't
scroll for me.

The window could be a bit wider. Often in creating a scenario I want to see what units are on the board, where (hex #) or which setup zone they're in. The window isn't wide enough to see all that in most cases, so I have to go to the bottom of the window and scroll left/right to see all the data. It would be easier & hence faster if there were horizontal sizing available. BUT - the scenario editor is excellent & love working with it except for that one little thing.

So many games...so little time...

"The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to WMMangus)
Post #: 7
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/2/2016 8:01:28 PM   
kylania

quote:

I actually do see the number now on the German setup zone but it is barely visible -- a darker color would be great.

White Text with Black Outline:

https://i.imgur.com/pQjoQ.png

quote:

ORIGINAL: okiefire_ssl

Using the editor, when I added an American MMG, the counter was LMG instead. The text shows MMG, however.

This sounds like the issue from the VASL mod. That has the LMG icon in the American MMG icon. Post #38 in the VASL thread has my edit of that mod with the fixed MMG VASL style icon for the Americans.

(in reply to snowbird)
Post #: 8
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/3/2016 3:46:59 AM   
genesismwt

This is not so much a bug as a request to modify the zones, since this is about starting zones. I find that the full hex coloration of the zones makes it hard to see the terrain when trying to set up forces. Could the zone markers be reduced to a colored number or something similar? I have been working on adapting Soldiers of Destruction to HotH and find that painting a third of the board red for the Russians, and half of the board blue for the Germans makes it hard to make out terrain, especially grain. SOD has no hills, but I imagine that hills would be hard to distinguish also.

I made a workaround in the mean time. The Russians are limited to the closest 3 rows to the Germans. For the Germans, I only put zones on key buildings and woods. The two AFV are fixed placement.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 9
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/3/2016 4:37:10 AM   
snowbird

I had to do the same for my Hedgehog of Piepsk scenario. At first I painted all hexes with German Zone 1 markers >= 11 hexes from the Russian map entry edge. It was hard to see the terrain underneath. I settled for only placing the German Zone 1 hexes in strategic areas of the map (essentially limited the hexes so the German Zone 1 markers would not blot out the map). I am testing the scenario now and will release a modified version soon.

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 10
RE: A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor - 3/4/2016 12:12:16 AM   
okiefire1

Thanks. I'll try this out. Loving all the mods!

(in reply to kylania)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support >> A Couple of Minor Bugs in the Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI