Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What's the best focus card?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> What's the best focus card? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's the best focus card? - 3/13/2016 3:57:58 AM   
dhhd

I'm torn between the one that gives an offensive bonus, and the one that gives half offensive, half APs.

More APs equals more attacks, but if it means more movement, that's more fuel consumption. And pure offensive punch really helps.

Thoughts?
Post #: 1
RE: What's the best focus card? - 3/13/2016 7:53:42 AM   
Tweedledumb

Usually, early on, I give the AP bonus (Maneuver) to the Panzergruppen. Useful for making pockets and attacking.

(in reply to dhhd)
Post #: 2
RE: What's the best focus card? - 3/13/2016 7:45:59 PM   
Gunnulf

Protect the flanks can be very useful in making sure you withstand counterattacks much better once it gets more scrappy. I certainly like to use this for 4 PzGP where after Lithuania the pace is slower and once across the Dvina there is often a wait for the Infantry to catch up and you are potentially exposed with negative defense modifiers in Blitz mode. 1 PzGp will often have envelopment to give a balance between punch and a little extra movement. For me maneuver by itself is often wasted a bit as either the Soviets are in depth and you need to punch though or running in which case fuel is likely to be your limitation early on. AGC very much depends on what resistance the enemy has shown so far but probably envelopment too until before switch to sustained and then switch to protect the flanks ready for the next phase to Moscow where the fighting will be heavier.

(in reply to Tweedledumb)
Post #: 3
RE: What's the best focus card? - 3/13/2016 11:16:08 PM   
Steve110

As Gunnulf says, each has its uses and I've found lately I'm constantly switching around according to the situation.

Protect flanks pretty useful if you think you're going to achieve an encirclement and want extra help to withstand the breakout/in attempt. Or its very handy if you plan to create a lodgement in a solid defence - being able to withstand the counter attack and bleed the Soviets helps the following turn when you look to exploit & expand the gains. Find my use of this card has grown the more I play.

(in reply to Gunnulf)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> What's the best focus card? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI