Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Loving the game but...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Loving the game but... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Loving the game but... - 5/26/2016 4:33:56 PM   
TDefender

... I really find the combat resolution screen very unpleasant both as for visual look as for lack of informations. Yes, I know there's the detailed report but I dont' want to switch to 10 turn tabs every time. Something in the "middle ground" (similar to Gary Grigsby's titles if I dare...) would be appreciated. Is there some kind of overhaul planned for the future? Thks

< Message edited by TDefender -- 5/26/2016 4:36:33 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/26/2016 4:46:30 PM   
zakblood

thanks for the reply / post, the developer will reply with a answer once read

(in reply to TDefender)
Post #: 2
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/27/2016 6:37:21 AM   
Vic

Hi Defender,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Making note.

Level of detail people like differs. There is already two modes to study the combat information.

But a numeric battle report (like in the history combat reports) version is on the to-do list.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/27/2016 11:44:48 AM   
wodin

The only thing I'd change (well except for doing a coy scale version) is have a more detailed combat resolution. I'd rather just see each div in an attack has Inf, Arty and AFV losses listed and as the battle goes on you see the loss figure rise. This would give me a far better understanding of how the battle is going on. Also I'd like to see combat a lot more detailed so losses are to the man where they are abstracted at the moment going down by the 100 I think?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/27/2016 5:30:16 PM   
Ratzki

+1 on the Coy scale for me too. I hope this is the direction they are heading towards.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/31/2016 10:37:19 AM   
demyansk

This would be nice but I don't study the report now

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 6
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/31/2016 10:34:41 PM   
Ratzki

How hard would it be to modify this down to Copmany level or thereabouts? Could it be done in the Communitu Project?

< Message edited by Ratzki -- 5/31/2016 10:37:50 PM >

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 7
RE: Loving the game but... - 5/31/2016 11:21:35 PM   
ernieschwitz

Well.. depends on how much you want it to look like DC:B. But considering DC:B took quite some time to make, I'd say it was pretty hard. That is if you wanted to make it in DC:CP. However if you wanted to modify it in DC:B (which too is possible) probably less time.

The real trouble I see is that divisions are being withdrawn and such, and companies would disappear many at a time. And you would have to program it to do it of course...

If you had some experience modding I'd say it gets easier, if you had experience modding in ATG, even easier, and even some of the other DC versions, I'd say even easier... But it would still be a project that required quite the commitment and would be time intensive.

Why not start out with something simpler? Or smaller? Get some feel for the editor, and then build the thing you want... in the end? That's how I began, and I still haven't made my final masterpiece :)

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa >> Loving the game but... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI