Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CL : Cross of Iron, Sweeeet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> CL : Cross of Iron, Sweeeet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CL : Cross of Iron, Sweeeet - 4/11/2003 12:00:35 PM   
TenaciousD

Im so excited at the though of playing this I thought I post a post here get people to check it out and post their suggestions, comments and opinions on the forums.
Maybe Matrix will pump some more resources into it to get it to us sooner (wishful thinking?, worth a try)
It looks as though it'll be like SPWAW but better looking, deeper playing and much more sleep deprivation on the way.
Are you guys here hanging for this as well?
Post #: 1
- 4/11/2003 1:22:38 PM   
Belisarius

Are you kidding? :cool:

Got StuG?

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 2
- 4/11/2003 3:09:39 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Belisarius
[B]Are you kidding? :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Pay no attention to him Belisarius, as you can see he is from Queensland, and I am afraid to say that those blokes up there tend to get a bit excitable from time to time. I think it has something to do with all that soggy heat that they get exposed to.

;)

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 3
- 4/12/2003 11:44:36 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Every happy faced SP playing CL waiting fan is of course a nice thing.

Just always makes me scratch my head people can be so unaware of the two games existence.

To many kids playing them durned silly shooter games I suppose.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 4
- 4/14/2003 11:28:16 AM   
TenaciousD

More people should be aware, definetly.
Put out a demo that shows the mass of units available(even if u cant play them in the demo)and with it strategy guides on the use of tactics etc, if magazines pick it up theres a mass audience for you.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 5
- 4/14/2003 6:00:33 PM   
Belisarius

Yep, that's my belief as well; the key to "awareness" is spelled d-e-m-o. :)

You never know if you're gonna like the feel of the game, or if it will run on your rig if you don't get a chance to try it. It's like asking for a test drive before buying a car.

Please, Matrixgames... pleeease.

Got StuG?

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 6
- 4/14/2003 8:52:51 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Demos don't need to imply a functioning game eh.

The CL forum is to me a "demo".

I can find out what the game looks like, what makes it tic. And I can gather all the technical aspects I can stomache.

Getting a stunted demo of the game, is to me a waste of resources in some cases.

If the game company has no dynamic online forum existence, then yes they might require a playable demo.

But I know Matrix, I know what makes Matrix tic, and I can ferret out all the detail I can manage just fine right here.

Company X that has no online forum is the one that needs a demo inserted in mass market magazine A

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 7
- 4/15/2003 5:08:24 AM   
Fred98

I think the real point is that there are some computer gamers who don't really like the brainless games and they have no interest in a complex game like chess.

They want somthing in between with some real history attached. They have never heard of wargaming. But thats what they want without knowing it themselves.

They have no idea that wargaming exists so they need to be told. A computer gaming magazine is one way to find out.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 8
- 4/15/2003 5:46:27 AM   
TenaciousD

True Joe 98. I always liked thinking games but never knew what was out there. A few years ago I aquired Steel Panthers 2, saw the encyclopedia and was blown away. It took me a while to learn the subtleties of the game but learning such a tactical game was fun. I actually found SPWAW recently while trying to reaquire SP2, good find eh? Btw I think SPWAW is more complex than chess, just more fun as well.

I have heard of some magazines and websites devoted to strategy, tactical and RPGs. Send some preview material Matrix.
In Australia we have PC Powerplay, I d love to read a preview and check out how the games coming along.

Les the Sarge is right, if any developer has my trust its Matrix.
I can handle no demo, but I just hope Matrix gets this to every potential player possible.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 9
- 4/15/2003 9:27:08 AM   
Fred98

Do you have a web address for Powerplay?

The State of Origin is on soon.

Blues! Blues! Blues!

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 10
- 4/15/2003 2:02:15 PM   
TenaciousD

If Alfie can come back from RETIREMENT and still whip your asses you MUST know where you stand, cmon, let go of the denial
;)

Pcpowerplay is at pcpowerplay.com.au
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :cool:

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 11
- 4/15/2003 2:49:34 PM   
kungfucheez

Whats this CL: Cross of Iron you speak of?

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 12
- 4/15/2003 6:43:17 PM   
TenaciousD

Combat Leader : Cross of Iron , is an upcoming release from Matrix. Do you play SPWAW or like deep tactical gaming?
this is probably (read definetly) for you. Im pretty new to SPWAW
but from what ive heard this game will leave SPWAW but a kindly remembered ex girlfriend who was not bad(SPWAW), but her fully hot, nyphomaniac, intelligent sister (CL)turns up and offers herself to you.
Basically it seems, a new game using modern technology to futher enhance the (squad level) wargame experience.

Lots of others around here are probably more informed than I, but thats what im expecting from it.

Read its forums, you can see the detail Matrix are going to to get this game right.

Are you into kung fu as well?

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 13
- 4/15/2003 7:15:08 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Excellent summary Tennacious

Just as no real ASL player will ever tell you Advanced Squad Leader was "better" than original Squad Leader and just leave it at that... no one is likely to abandon praising Steel Panthers even after we finally get to play Combat Leader.

But we all are fervently looking forward to giving Combat Leader a romp around the computer.

Cross of Iron is merely to be the beginning. The plan is to make Combat Leader the answer for combining all the playing options of the various forms of Steel Panthers under one game.
The Modern crowd will no doubt be right in there bugging Matrix to release modern modules the second Cross of Iron hits the purchase list.
I don't think I will blame them though.
SPMBT for all its value to the Steel Panthers community, will be much more fun as a Combat Leader module.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 14
- 4/15/2003 8:37:21 PM   
TenaciousD

I would like to see matrix focus on a specific timeframe to truly do the period justice, think of all the WW2 encounters possible, but I guess including modern battles in the mix will unite the wargamer population into one game series (good plan if that was it Matrix).

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 15
- 4/15/2003 8:57:01 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

If I have the facts straight...

Matrix expects to release CL in modules so as to aportion the project. And an impressive project it is.
They might be doing this in much the same manner ASL was made in modules. and probably for the same reasons.

Some will say "but they made Steel Panthers able to game out all of WW2, why not CL?" Same reason Squad Leader was originally just a one box wargame, and it became necessary to make it a multi module system.

A fair enough remark to possibly. But Steel Panthers used 1995 software design and CL will have modern 2003+ software design.

Of course when SSI created Steel Panthers, I doubt they totally envisioned the success it would have.
And SP 2 is after all a different game. So I don't think it is unreasonable for Matrix to attempt a unified game, that is expected to encompass all options from the beginning.

The fans want CL to be capable of doing everything, I suppose that will mean a good deal of work.

(in reply to TenaciousD)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> CL : Cross of Iron, Sweeeet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI