Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Systems graphics issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Pike & Shot Series >> Systems graphics issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Systems graphics issue - 6/1/2016 7:03:53 PM   
vaalen

I find the graphics in Pike and Shot so much easier to read and use than those in Sengoku Jidai, Shadow of the Shogun.

Sengoku Jidai is a great game, but I do not play it because the eyestrain from the light colored background is uncomfortable.

Any chance that we could get the option to use the Pike and Shot color scheme in Sengoku Jidai?
Post #: 1
RE: Systems graphics issue - 6/1/2016 7:23:48 PM   
rbodleyscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaalen

I find the graphics in Pike and Shot so much easier to read and use than those in Sengoku Jidai, Shadow of the Shogun.

Sengoku Jidai is a great game, but I do not play it because the eyestrain from the light colored background is uncomfortable.

Any chance that we could get the option to use the Pike and Shot color scheme in Sengoku Jidai?

We are working on it, but it missed the build for the first patch, so it will come in the second patch.

Note that if you are using an LCD screen you may have the brightness turned up too high. No doubt you are used to it, but nevertheless it may be higher than it should be for optimal use.

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 2
RE: Systems graphics issue - 6/2/2016 4:15:27 AM   
vaalen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rbodleyscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: vaalen

We are working on it, but it missed the build for the first patch, so it will come in the second patch.

Note that if you are using an LCD screen you may have the brightness turned up too high. No doubt you are used to it, but nevertheless it may be higher than it should be for optimal use.

Richard, you have my heartfelt thanks. Sengoku Jidai is too good a game to miss, on a subject that has fascinated me for decades. The consideration you are showing for those of us who have this issue is greatly appreciated.

I do have an LED monitor, but your information may be helpful for those who have an LCD.

(in reply to rbodleyscott)
Post #: 3
RE: Systems graphics issue - 6/2/2016 5:58:07 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

LED and LCD can are pretty much the same thing (there are technical differences, but they don't really matter). Most flat panel monitors (or, these days, monitors!) are generally set too brightly by default.

You can get info on how to calibrate your monitor in lots of places (e.g. http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-calibrate-your-monitor/) and Windows now has a built-in tool.

But as Richard says, an upcoming patch will allow for a different tone of tile texture.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 4
RE: Systems graphics issue - 6/2/2016 7:03:48 PM   
vaalen

Hi Pip,

I appreciate the information. However, I did greatly reduce the brightness on the monitor from the factory levels, to a level recommended by an expert.

Right now the only problem I have is with light backgrounds.IF I turn the brightness down any lower, and I have experimented with it, many more things become hard to see.

I very much appreciate the efforts Richard and Slitherine are taking to make this game accessible to me, and those who have also experienced this problem.

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: Systems graphics issue - 6/2/2016 8:32:11 PM   
zakblood

not all are created equally tbh, with some panels being better than others in given tasks, but PIP does have a point, now days most can't tell the difference from one to another in general use.

you need to have some setup side by side showing the same thing to really tell the difference.

what works well for a bright room from the side may not work as well from the side from from a different angle, but you have bought it by then so it's too late, what works well for black txt on a white background may not display the faster game good enough in a deep dark room played in the dark etc etc

https://pcmonitors.info/articles/lcd-panel-types-explored/

buyers choice for their needs imo are based on the end part or conclusion reached.

quote:

There are three main categories of panel used on modern LCD monitors; TN, VA and IPS-type. TN is currently the most prevalent, offering decent image performance and high responsiveness at a decent price. VA sacrifices responsiveness, generally being the slowest current panel type but offer excellent contrast and improvements in colour performance over TN technologies. IPS and PLS are the kings of colour offering the most consistent and accurate performance in this area whilst sporting excellent viewing angles, respectable responsiveness and reasonable contrast. Really it is up to the individual user to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of the monitors they are comparing; understanding the general performance characteristics of different panels is a great starting point.

my honest opinion and choices are IPS models, as refresh rate matters little to me, but better / more correct colour does, so i tend to stick with them, and while i've never been able to justify a larger than 29" panel as the cost for larger are silly money, you can get 2 X 24" at dirt cheap prices and have the best of both worlds.

so for me, size first, model IPS second, then make 3rd, as i care less who make it, as long as the warranty is good and 3 years onsite for me with LG etc is plenty, as in 2 to 3 years i get another one anyway or move it down to a test screen, which i now have more than a few of.

< Message edited by zakblood -- 6/2/2016 8:37:24 PM >

(in reply to vaalen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Pike & Shot Series >> Systems graphics issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI