Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice ... - 6/16/2016 12:43:52 PM   
astjohn76

Hello everyone I am a new player to War in the East. Finally after reading the manual and playing some of the small scenarios I have decided to start a full campaign as the Germans. I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice (macro and micro) to help me develop an efficient strategy to crush the soviets.

Thank you
Post #: 1
RE: Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice... - 6/16/2016 12:47:27 PM   
zakblood

my advice maybe different to everyone else's is play it, and discover your own way, start off on easy with FOW off and try to do stuff you have learnt in the smaller battles, and increase the scope until you win, when you are winning and having less losses, alter the difficulty level, research and reading others AAR are key to better understanding, but sometimes it doesn't sink in as much or as quick as your own playing

(in reply to astjohn76)
Post #: 2
RE: Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice... - 6/16/2016 7:58:28 PM   
RKhan

Read a lot of AARs and War Room posts. Beware of older posts as sometimes things have changed.

I suggest reading Pelton as he describes what he does in detail, and he is one of the best German players here.

RKhan

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice... - 6/16/2016 8:11:03 PM   
rainman2015

Read my recent 'Best of Forum Posts' and also the older best of the Great War forum posts that is posted as a sticky (both over in the War Room)...

Here is the link to my latest best of...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4087683

And AARs, and lots of hands on playing to get a feel for how much to attack what with, what works and what doesn't, etc

Randy
:)

(in reply to astjohn76)
Post #: 4
RE: Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice... - 6/21/2016 4:24:14 AM   
56ajax

Well, where do you start. What the other posters have said is all good stuff and :

1. Use admin points to replace dud commanders
2. Re assign units from OKH and Army to Corp if in combat.
3. Rationalise your Airbases
4. Bomb the crap out of the Soviets.
5. Bomb a HQ or Airbase before you over run them
6. Check production to see what you are short of and if possible disband appropriate support units
7. Fear nothing in the first 18 weeks
8. Don't feel guilty about taking advantage of the AI as it cheats.
9. keep your HQs within 5 mps? of combat units
10. When the dust settles keep airbases on railways lines
11. Try to understand how supply works.
12. At all times try to isolate the opposition ie SP = -1 and then attack. A unit that is isolated and surrenders suffers far higher losses than one that is supplied and surrenders/shatters.

(in reply to astjohn76)
Post #: 5
RE: Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice... - 6/22/2016 2:37:30 PM   
Tyr

That's a very helpful download. I am so new to War in the East that I am still only reading the manual! so any link is helpful..Now to go hunting down some of Pelton's posts ;)

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 6
RE: Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice... - 6/23/2016 3:27:06 PM   
flatsix518

I started out trying to wade thru the manual.

Then I just started playing.

I play the Soviets on "Road to" scenarios.

One of these days I'll learn how to attack. (sigh)

(in reply to Tyr)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Hello. I'm new to WitE and I am seeking some advice ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI