Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

27 minute turns????

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> 27 minute turns???? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
27 minute turns???? - 4/11/2016 4:20:02 PM   
robertkeller

My computer is brand new...AMD A-8-6410 processor. Playing USSR...top line reads: War in the East 1.08.07 ***1941-45 Campaign*** (Save turn 011 1941-08-28 So.Sav) when I hit the "End your turn" button. Message Delay, Pop-up delay, mouseover delay, and the 3 combat resolution buttons are all set at zero. "Show move animation" is off. After initiating the start of the turn "(not responding)" frequently appears at the end of the top line. Whenever (not responding) appears the cursor is a little blue circle. Whenever the game is actually working the cursor is an arrow. Frequently the screen goes black...but that does not affect the frequency or length of the (not responding) incidents. (not responding) can last for a few seconds or as long as about 20 seconds. I would guesstimate the (not responding) appears about 40% of the time. Bottom line: turn took 27 minutes. What is going on????? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 4/11/2016 4:47:03 PM   
zakblood

ok thanks, lets take a look at what maybe wrong, and a save is always nice to have if you wish to zip it and attach it to the post

How to get a DxDiag report file:

1. Click on "START" (on Windows 8 press “Windows key” and the “R” key at the same time)
2. Click "run" (skip this step on Windows 8 )
3. Type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. Check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. Click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments (zip) rather than pasted into the body of the post.

add the exe of the game to your Anti Virus and firewall program, to make sure check the logs of these to see if it was one if any of them was to blame.

That usually means a 3rd party program, like an Internet security programs, is or could be interfering with the game or update installation.

run the game from a admin account and use full admin permissions.

please make sure all game pre requisite are installed with the game, even if you think or fully know there are already installed, it will only over write, and it may be that you have a older or newer version of these where as the game in question may need a certain version.

please make sure you are running the latest game version and have up to date drivers installed on your pc,

If you have the original version. So you'll need to update it from the Internet.
Please note that you'll only need the last update, as the updates are comprehensive. (not needed with steam)

(in reply to robertkeller)
Post #: 2
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 4/11/2016 11:24:27 PM   
Denniss

You likely have a strange frontline or several pockets thus the AI takes very long to sort this out.
During testing I have seen turns between some minutes to 2+ hours (with a very special frontline around the large swamp area in eastern poland)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 3
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 7/4/2016 10:07:20 AM   
Elma666

mmmhh,i have the same problem. i try all above but nothing helps,i also try the things with the vlc player,no way,any other ideas?? or can someone help me in german,my english very bad.... and i try the codec tweak tool but dont help me i have no ideas that i can do...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Elma666 -- 7/4/2016 10:18:36 AM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 7/4/2016 12:47:48 PM   
zakblood

i'm struggling converting error reports into English here tbh, pc spec is more than enough, seems to have a few issues with some drivers not being signed.

more than a few app hangs as well,

AppHangTransient

so for me, rename sound to no sound and then re try, game needs to be run as admin, and have less if lower amount of apps pre running in the background, as something or some of them may be interfering with the game in some way, AV for one, but could be anything, without being in front of the pc, it's hard to tell what, but easy way is do a selective start up with as little running as possible as try again, if it works better, then you know it's not hardware or drivers issues, but something running at the time on the pc.

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 5
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 7/4/2016 6:24:23 PM   
Elma666

Thanks for answer.With sound rename i tried but dont help,so i think the signed drivers are not the reason.What means AppHangTransient? I run it everytime in admin mode.I make out avira and firewall,dont help...... i have the same problem on my laptop....

i play on 1.08.08

< Message edited by Elma666 -- 7/4/2016 7:04:07 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 7/5/2016 1:14:07 AM   
Elma666

no i tried out something.If i start new campaign or scenario all works good. then i loud old saves from my current campaign,all works fine up to turn 48 save. then i load the next save turn 53 first small fails begin. next save load turn 104 total Desaster,now im on turn 118 and i must wait more then 20 minutes for ai turn,and he makes no attacks on me,only plane attacks.... i tried everything out thith sound and versions and av,firewall,admin.....i go crazy now,no idea what to do,i thought in 1944 i must wait 2 hours for the ai any help welcome pls!!!

(in reply to Elma666)
Post #: 7
RE: 27 minute turns???? - 7/7/2016 12:40:13 AM   
Icier

Its a great game but the processing of the game is crap. I stopped playing AI in August 42, where the average wait was about 90 mins, that was 2014...do a search under "long Time" & it will give you
an idea of the problem & I have been told it will never be fixed.
That one of the reason there is so much interest about WITE 02. Grab yourself an opponent, there are
plenty & then you find what a great game it is!

(in reply to robertkeller)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> 27 minute turns???? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI