Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... - 3/30/2017 1:41:55 PM   
Sheist

... due to the Russian winter.

I saw this message after leaving 2 full French armies, including Napoleon, inside Russia after November, and even the computer was surprised to calculate that I had lost no units due to the Russian winter!

So, it is possible... just very unlikely it will happen. Glad I saw it once. at least! :)

< Message edited by Sheist -- 3/30/2017 1:42:51 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... - 3/31/2017 1:24:53 PM   
klhbekool

That will never happen again. If I go into Russia or Spain I lose at least 5 units every time. It needs to be fixed you should not suffer these losses on your first turn. It should be based on how many turns and how many units you have in Russia or Spain.

KLH

(in reply to Sheist)
Post #: 2
RE: Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... - 4/2/2017 1:17:57 PM   
Sheist

I saw it again the day after I posted the message. Weird... these are the only 2 times seeing it after playing MANY hours across almost all the scenarios.

I really want to invade Russia with Ottoman help and hope that the winter eats up their crappy units instead of the good French ones! Still waiting for that, except for the time they only took 1 measly Ottoman unit to the winter!

(in reply to klhbekool)
Post #: 3
RE: Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... - 4/2/2017 1:20:38 PM   
Sheist

My suspicion is it happens more often, and more-offensively, in the two higher difficulty levels.

Sadly, my well-being gets too affected if I try to play anything but Corporal. A grown man, screaming in anger at a computer screen is not cool to see! Grrr.

(in reply to klhbekool)
Post #: 4
RE: Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... - 4/2/2017 1:27:38 PM   
Sheist

There are strategies to avoid the Russian winter and still accomplish a successful invasion. Conquer Ottoman, park in Moldova (only 2 spaces away from Moscow), and either use a 2nd army to invade Leningrad by sea, or march directly from East Prussia or Poland. Or, invade via Leningrad with Napoleon and a very strong army, and then leave one unit behind and march the rest to Moscow.

There are other strategies that work, while still reaching conquest without staying past November, though you of course suffer no losses when your units are still within Russia during January AFTER you have conquered Russia. Thank goodness we don't get hit when Russia has just been conquered!

(in reply to klhbekool)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Victory and Glory: Napoleon >> Surprisingly, your army suffered no losses ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI