Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Battle Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Battle Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battle Editor - 1/13/2016 3:28:25 AM   
Seuse13

Does Last Stand Arnhem have the battle editor from the original A Bridge Too Far? The one where you can change the deployment zones and victory locations. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Battle Editor - 1/13/2016 4:23:29 AM   
Tejszd

No, you can edit individual VL locations like CC2/CC3/COI.

The battle editor in LSA allows you to;
- set a date or date range
- select 1 to 44 maps
- put supply depots on maps if more than 1 selected
- place BG's to appear on what maps per day (for a single map you can place 2 to 4 BG's and set the points for each BG if desired)
- set support/weather

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 1/13/2016 5:29:41 AM >

(in reply to Seuse13)
Post #: 2
RE: Battle Editor - 4/11/2016 10:45:44 PM   
mickxe5

Tej is right that the stock game editor cannot change VLs and deploy areas like CC2/3s could. But Mafi's BED9 tool edits VLs. However this is permanent in the sense that these VL edits affect all battles/ops/camps from that point forward.

Also, there is a backdoor to editing deployment using a saved game file in the manner that Sgt Wilson's CCReq tools for CC4&5 did. This involves hex editing one or more of the 64 blocks of 1600 bytes that control deployment for each map. While its not possible to edit the deploy areas at the start of the first battle on a map (aka the entry VL zones), deployment, VL control and other battle data can be customized prior to the second battle on a map. A useful technique for creating highly customized battles and small ops. If there is interest I'll put together an illustrated how-to.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Battle Editor - 9/26/2016 1:48:33 AM   
Tejszd

Editing a save game allows for a mod maker to create some very specific battle situations. Is there anyway though to make these saved games usable in the Battle list so they can appear there and are not over written in the saved game folder???

Another feature missing from CC3/COI is the ability to place individual maps in the maps folder and to create battles using them. It was on the players wishlist but nothing was every implemented to allow it (ex. a 2nd maps directory and the ability for the editor to select a single map from it).

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 9/26/2016 1:50:34 AM >

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Battle Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI