Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scale of the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scale of the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scale of the game - 12/5/2016 10:09:14 AM   
Ironclad

I have always enjoyed large scale WW2 games which have plenty of units and emphasise playability and which allow for a fair degree of operational movement combined with production and strategic considerations. CEAW Grand Strategy was a previous favourite for this reason and this latest version of Strategic Command is near perfect in that respect. The scale is ideal in that it provides sufficient scope for decent operational movement in the western and the narrower north african theatres (before the breakout to asia) whilst conveying the appropriate vastness of the Russian and oceanic fronts and the intensity and scope of conflict there.

Before I got the game I enjoyed the excellent video series that had been put together using the beta and watching Paradog Gamer as he handled his Axis forces in the east I was struck by how the spread of headquarters, number of units and sheer size of the theatre carefully recreated allowed (indeed encouraged him) to break his planning down into a number of small discrete operations (some being sub-elements of larger ventures others being isolated endeavours) which is exactly what one wants to see in a good and sufficiently detailed eastern front conflict game. Now that I have the game I have the pleasure of doing this at first hand. Great fun.
Post #: 1
RE: Scale of the game - 12/5/2016 10:32:08 AM   
Hartmann

I agree on all counts.

(in reply to Ironclad)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scale of the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI