Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fuel to endurance conversion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Fuel to endurance conversion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fuel to endurance conversion - 4/29/2003 9:22:45 AM   
wobbly

has anyone figured out the fuel to endurance ratio when filling ships?

using woodlark for instance as a fuel base for bombardment missions against PM. Since it takes so long for your fuel ships to unload, it would be helpful to know what the ratio of fuel to endurnace in your ships is.
Post #: 1
- 4/29/2003 11:03:26 AM   
Fred98

To me “endurance” is a word that falls under “E” in the dictionary; otherwise I have no use for it.

But “fuel” is a much more useful word.

IMHO, fuel is the only problem with this game.

Sometimes I will have a TF, either a Replenishment, or Tanker or AK or AP or APD or CV and they will be sitting in the background awaiting their opportunity dive in, do business and bug out before the enemy is any the wiser.

But unfortunately they run out of fuel.

I have now lost 6 carriers (over a few games) sunk by enemy carrier aircraft because their aircraft refused to fly CAP. How could I know that fuel of 5,000 is not enough to sustain 2 days (one turn) of fighting.

Fuel is a problem for me and I have no solution.

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 2
- 4/29/2003 11:22:22 AM   
pasternakski

Check out manual section 9.15 on endurance. It is complicated but helpful.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 3
- 4/29/2003 10:49:56 PM   
Yamamoto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joe 98
[B]To me “endurance” is a word that falls under “E” in the dictionary; otherwise I have no use for it.

But “fuel” is a much more useful word.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Endurance is the important word here not fuel. Each ship uses fuel at a different rate so 5 fuel != 5 fuel. Endurance is the same for all ships and has been converted from fuel. Don't look at fuel; look at endurance. Each hex of movement, up to cruising sped, uses 30 endurance (1 per mile). For most tast forces that's all you need to know. Surface combat, fast transport, and bombardment groups use more endurace when they move at full speed. I believe each hex over cruising speed uses 120 points or maybe even more. You can check the manual for an exact number. Subs also use extra endurance when they are attacked.

Yamamoto

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 4
- 4/30/2003 2:50:29 AM   
wobbly

Oops, don't think I made myself quite clear enough. Although it appears the answer is more complicated than a single ratio - being different for each ship.

I wanted to know if the fuel I had unloaded at a base would be sufficient to refuel - to the top - my empty TF.

If i new that 1 fuel went to 10 endurance then the 1000 fuel at a base will fill 10000 endurance or about half of my tf (say). Thats all.

(in reply to wobbly)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Fuel to endurance conversion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI