Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Radeon and screen res

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Radeon and screen res Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Radeon and screen res - 12/13/2016 5:12:20 PM   
stretch

I'm 99% sure this is just a driver issue, and there's not much to be done.

I have a new Radeon Rx 480 video card (whole new system, but that's the relevant part) and I cannot window the game to 1680x1050, even though I can set the overall resolution to that (so it's supported by the card). I'm using the exact same shortcut I used before the new card.

I keep the OS at 1920 x 1080 and like to have the game in a window somewhat smaller that that, hence the 1680x1050 setting.

Full command line:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -deepColor -w -px1680 -py1050 -fixedArt -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw

Also tested with this shorter one:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -deepColor -w -px1680 -py1050

At any rate, it wont work.. and I suspect it's the drivers. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any suggestions.

(running latest beta patch 1126b)
Post #: 1
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/13/2016 5:40:53 PM   
Lokasenna

What was the resolution you were using previously? I just know that, even if a card supports a particular resolution, the game itself may not.

(in reply to stretch)
Post #: 2
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/13/2016 5:48:48 PM   
Uncivil Engineer

I have some version of a Radeon graphics card, and use 1600x900 - it works fine. A little smaller than what you wanted, but it works.

(in reply to stretch)
Post #: 3
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/13/2016 6:15:45 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: stretch

I have a new Radeon Rx 480 video card (whole new system, but that's the relevant part) and I cannot window the game to 1680x1050, even though I can set the overall resolution to that (so it's supported by the card). I'm using the exact same shortcut I used before the new card.

I keep the OS at 1920 x 1080 and like to have the game in a window somewhat smaller that that, hence the 1680x1050 setting.

Full command line:
"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -deepColor -w -px1680 -py1050 -fixedArt -SingleCpuOrders -dd_sw

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -deepColor -w -px1680 -py1050

At any rate, it wont work.. and I suspect it's the drivers. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this or has any suggestions.

What does "won't work" mean - what actually happens/messages, etc.?

You can try changing the switches to -pxf and -pyf to see if that helps (might, might not).

Bear in mind that the splash screen when the game is loading and the main menus do *not* resize, they stay the same size and the area around them fills with black. The game screens - orders and combat/turn resolution - are the ones that size in accord with the switches.

(in reply to stretch)
Post #: 4
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/14/2016 8:55:47 AM   
MrKane

quote:

ORIGINAL: stretch

Full command line:

You need disable GPU scaling in drivers settings. You will probably lose some picture quality too.

(in reply to stretch)
Post #: 5
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/14/2016 5:33:49 PM   
stretch

Thanks for the suggestions. To answer a couple questions.. I was running it in the same res (1680x1050) before the new card. I tried reusing the same shortcut. By 'won't work' I mean the game runs and defaults back to the standard 800x600 (whatever it is) that it uses if you specify -w but no resolution size. Not just the splash screen size, but the size of the entire window.

My previous card was a Radeon as well, but was 3-ish years old.

I'll try the GPU scaling and pxf pyf switches tonight.

(in reply to MrKane)
Post #: 6
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/14/2016 6:31:22 PM   
witpqs

Ah, didn't know you had it running before. Quick check - you are using the very same shortcut - you didn't copy the "-" characters from the PDF manual? Those "-" are the wrong ASCII character, and if so you must delete them and re-type them at the keyboard. Happens to people a lot.

(in reply to stretch)
Post #: 7
RE: Radeon and screen res - 12/15/2016 10:50:48 PM   
stretch

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

You can try changing the switches to -pxf and -pyf to see if that helps (might, might not).

We have a winner ! Thanks a bunch, what's the addition of the "f" do ? It's not in the readme.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Radeon and screen res Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI