Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating units-weapons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Creating units-weapons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating units-weapons - 1/4/2017 4:05:11 AM   
Pascal_slith

Yes, I know that you can't do this for the moment.

I come from War in the Pacific:AE and previously from the (on paper and on floors with miniatures) "Harpoon" and "Command at Sea" world.

So, is there any plan to have a full database editor where you can create/modify any unit, weapon, etc.? And if so, when?

Yes, I'm crazy enough to want to create a full 1938-1945 database.....

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

Post #: 1
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/4/2017 4:56:09 PM   
Dimitris

Check your PMs.

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/4/2017 10:25:55 PM   
Kitchens Sink

I remember the latter days of the Harpoon saga. There were so many database versions for specific scenarios that it got really confusing after awhile.

In CMANO you can add mounts/weapons to existing platforms to create some up-gunned units for specific scenarios, but I think the developers are smart not to unlock the actual Database and open Pandora's Box.

Just my 2 cents.

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/4/2017 10:45:48 PM   
mavfin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

I remember the latter days of the Harpoon saga. There were so many database versions for specific scenarios that it got really confusing after awhile.

In CMANO you can add mounts/weapons to existing platforms to create some up-gunned units for specific scenarios, but I think the developers are smart not to unlock the actual Database and open Pandora's Box.

Just my 2 cents.

I would have to agree. There was the whole ruckus about it last time, and none of the parties really came off looking good. The only real result was that more people didn't buy/play the game. Having the capability to 'fiddle' with existing platforms in Command for scenario purposes is a nice workaround that avoids the whole issue, imo

Andy

(in reply to Kitchens Sink)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/4/2017 11:47:06 PM   
mikmykWS

I think we had a rule about gossiping about this stuff at one time. Who knows...Anyways guys can you not dredge this muck up. Its like 10 years old and only relevant to a bunch of gossipy old farts.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to mavfin)
Post #: 5
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/5/2017 12:07:09 AM   
Kitchens Sink

Mike, I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about...none, zero, zilch. Since your post mentions "you guys", I'm assuming you are including me in the Gossipy Old Fart category.

I simply replied to Pascal and I mentioned that the multiple database issue in Harpoon caused me confusion, and that I'm glad y'all aren't doing it with CMANO. I have no clue what "muck" you are referring to being dredged up, and I don't want to know....but it sounds sensitive.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/5/2017 12:11:28 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

Mike, I have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about...none, zero, zilch. Since your post mentions "you guys", I'm assuming you are including me in the Gossipy Old Fart category.

I simply replied to Pascal and I mentioned that the multiple database issue in Harpoon caused me confusion, and that I'm glad y'all aren't doing it with CMANO. I have no clue what "muck" you are referring to being dredged up, and I don't want to know....but it sounds sensitive.

Ah sorry for using "you guys". No intention on hurting the feels.

Hows this.

Anybody that dredges up old Harpoon stuff is a gossipy old fart! Its going on ten years and doesn't mean anything now.

Thanks!

Mike

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 1/5/2017 12:12:40 AM >

Post #: 7
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/5/2017 12:12:57 AM   
Kitchens Sink

Ok, I feel better now

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
RE: Creating units-weapons - 1/5/2017 1:48:46 AM   
kevinkins

Back in August, when I started with Command, I went through the archives at http://www.warfaresims.com/. I have never used the word database in a post since. Of course that's that is my poor attempt to make light of a terrible situation many years ago that would have stopped lesser developers in their tracks. I can see why Mike et. al. want to focus of the present and their well earned future.

Kevin

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Creating units-weapons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI