Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A suggestion for v6.0 which might help Matrix commercially

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A suggestion for v6.0 which might help Matrix commercially Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A suggestion for v6.0 which might help Matrix commercially - 5/15/2001 8:10:00 PM   
Christophe Jaureguiberry

I was thinking recently about the 1949 year limit of SPWAW. I feel this limit could be pushed back further without having to change the game engine. Let me elaborate: If the date was pushed to 1956 (for example), Wars such as Indochina, Korea and the 1956 Arab-Israeli War (and French and British intervention in Suez)could be modelled. These conflicts basically used WW2 equipment and tactics, just more sophisticated. The SPWAW engine could handle them very well, without having to invest a major effort in it such as SPMW, which has to simulate helicopter and missile combat (amongst other things). Where it gets commercially relevant is that for a modest effort, based mainly on extending the OOB's, you open up great new possibilities for Mega-Campaigns. I for one, would just looooove to see a Korean MC. Also, it might (maybe) help draw people to the game who are not interested exclusively in WW2. Another thing I would like to see in an upgrade (although this one has no commercial bonus) is the possibility of having your core force "grow" in a campaign (meaning being able to add more units to your core force as scenarios go by). Regards, Christophe

Post #: 1
- 5/15/2001 8:26:00 PM   
nimu

I agree with u with the fact that your care force should be enlarge during the long campaign,because the best thing of the long ww2 camp is to know your men one by one ond to worry for their safety!!!I do not care about AUX units,but i understand that this feature is historically important! I do no think Matrix team is going to release another version of spwaw.The engine is getting old and there are many other projects going on in that team!!!Anyway i think that MCs will be the future of this game,and also a monetary support for the hard working guys out there!!!! Regards :)

"out of ammo........God save the King"

(in reply to Christophe Jaureguiberry)
Post #: 2
- 5/15/2001 10:23:00 PM   
Voriax

Christophe, afaik the SPMW will use the SP3 engine as a base, which is the same engine SPWAW uses as it's base! So the code for missile attacks and helicopters is already somewhere, it is just not used in SPWAW. If you take a look at the unit classes via the oob editor you'll notice that the helicopter classes still hang around, although most other modern classes have been replaced with more appropriate ones for the SPWAW. So when the SPMW comes out I'd guess you'll see mega campaigns for it. Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Christophe Jaureguiberry)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> A suggestion for v6.0 which might help Matrix commercially Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI