Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two Axis Minor Ally questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Two Axis Minor Ally questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Axis Minor Ally questions - 2/6/2017 3:23:50 AM   
wga8888

I have three campaign games vs human opponents, T20 as German, T13 & T5 as Russian (learning the game, the hard way rather than reading manual/forums or playing AI).
Q1) I T20, I find three Italian divisions, 2 airbases and a Corps HQ I can rail to the front. Its mud everywere so everying is 1 cv. What does one do with these other than as garrison/partisan response units?
Q2) Romanians seem to have 10 airbases, and a lot of 12 plane squadrons. Do people consolidate these into fewer airbases?

Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Post #: 1
RE: Two Axis Minor Ally questions - 2/6/2017 4:04:37 AM   
mrchuck

Q1. That's perfect. They will never be combatworthy and you don't want to waste german divs as garrisons if you can avoid it.
Q2. Do or do not do. Supposedly it saves trucks if you disband the unneeded ones but the effect is so marginal I stopped bothering. Micromanagers may feel otherwise.

(in reply to wga8888)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Axis Minor Ally questions - 2/6/2017 5:01:22 AM   
Icier

disagree with the Italians...mix them with Germans for attacks & their moral increase dramatically...this group
miles better than the Romanians.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

(in reply to mrchuck)
Post #: 3
RE: Two Axis Minor Ally questions - 2/6/2017 11:17:34 AM   
Telemecus

Have to agree with Ice. Come the blizzard garrisons are precisely where you want your best German divisions, you want your worst to take the attrition. The Italians are the first to leave and will never run out of manpower - do n't waste them. Get them some German leaders and train them up with victories stacked with Germans. Use the cavalry as defensive reserves at the front. When on the offensive again the following year you will want your worst troops garrisoning, but with all the new security and depleted\unready units needing recuperation that might not include the Italians.

(in reply to Icier)
Post #: 4
RE: Two Axis Minor Ally questions - 2/6/2017 3:22:55 PM   
Kel

And another one at that : is there a way to move the finnish Air Command HQ that is located on the forested northern edge of the map ?

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Two Axis Minor Ally questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI