Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Close Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Close Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Close Combat - 3/4/2017 2:33:30 AM   
kip1214

Can someone explain hoe close combat works. I have had some squads next to the enemy without firing or moving, when the close combat phase comes up I can not do anything. How does close combat work?
Post #: 1
RE: Close Combat - 3/4/2017 2:55:25 AM   
genesismwt

The quick answer is that when both sides are equal, with no leader to affect the outcome, each side has rough 1 in 4 chance of killing the other side(roll 5 or less on two dice 6). Both are rolled simultaneously, unless an ambush occurs. If there is an ambush the winner goes first and gets a -1 one to the dice roll. The loser if they survive, gets a +1 to the dice roll. A two to one advantage has a 50/50 chance of killing the other side. Being outnumbered 1 to 2,gets one a 15-20% chance of killing the other side. Leaders will subtract one, two or three from the roll. Units are locked in close combat(cannot move or fire) until one side or the other is completely eliminated.

That being said, most evenly matched close combats will go more than one turn, since each side only has a 25% chance to kill the other. Also, because each side has a "chance", you can see a good leader and a couple squads disappear taking out a lone scrub conscript squad. It's not frequent, but its painful when it happens.

The game is afoot!

Mike

(in reply to kip1214)
Post #: 2
RE: Close Combat - 3/4/2017 3:47:14 AM   
Hailstone

To have Close Combat you have to move your unit(s) onto the enemy's unit(s) hex in the advance phase. For that to happen you need to move your units adjacent to the enemy unit so that you can move onto the enemy's hex in the advance phase. You have nothing to do except watch the results of close combat. If no close combat occurs just click the button and move on.

(in reply to genesismwt)
Post #: 3
RE: Close Combat - 3/4/2017 3:41:20 PM   
rico21

Mike, always enjoy to read you, you need to be a fierce opponent, Gung-Ho!

(in reply to kip1214)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Close Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI