Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A-S calculation in Rain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> A-S calculation in Rain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A-S calculation in Rain - 3/7/2017 9:04:59 PM   
ashkpa

I have a naval combat going on in the Arabian Sea while it is raining. The image below is from the game, 3rd round of naval combat. The NAV A-S factors should be halved due to the rain 3/2=1.5 rounds to 2. However, the initial results, before applying the surprise benefits, show D 2A which is the result you would get with 3 A-S factors. With two A-S factors I would have expected a result of 2A versus the 2.5, round to 3, ships.

Even more interesting is that in the first two rounds of naval combat the NAV was engaged against a single unit in the 4-box, which was aborted in the second round, and the calculations appear to have been correct. I'll post a game file next (just go through and select Naval air for the combat) - I was in the process of comparing the results for a Naval Air versus a Surface when I found this.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: A-S calculation in Rain - 3/7/2017 9:08:09 PM   
ashkpa

Wait, once I went through the AA phase the program now calculated the expected losses correctly and shows 2A.

Here is the game file just for completeness.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ashkpa)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> A-S calculation in Rain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI