Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas Day, 1986

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas Day, 1986 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas Day, ... - 3/24/2017 3:02:09 AM   
Excroat3

This is a very short scenario based on the initial North Korean attack on Kunsan AB in Larry Bond's Red Phoenix. Let me know what you guys think!

Also, I have a couple of questions for the more experienced scenario editors:

Is there currently a way to restrict SAM's from firing above a certain altitude?

EDIT: Version 2 posted, with scoring now

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Excroat3 -- 3/26/2017 11:56:39 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 3/24/2017 6:17:05 PM   
lamboman43

As far as I know, you can only restrict the horizontal range of a SAM. But, I think that would be a good addition to the options for WRA.

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 2
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 3/26/2017 9:58:50 PM   
Excroat3

Any comments on this?

(in reply to lamboman43)
Post #: 3
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 3/26/2017 11:37:28 PM   
Gunner98

Ran it through 3 times - quick & dirty.

First time did OK, only about 7 bombers got through, no significant damage, lost 11 Falcons though.

Second time, disaster, thought I would try something tricky - not so much!

Third time, good, lost three Falcons but only one bomber got through and he died before he dropped all the bombs.

I like to have scoring but that's personal. I would read my runs as Marginal Victory, Disaster, Major Victory.

Good little scenario.

Thanks

B

SIDE: North Korea
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
12x MiG-21MF Fishbed J
10x MiG-23ML Flogger G

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
2x 23mm Gsh-23L Burst [40 rnds]
2x 30mm Gsh-30-1 Burst [30 rnds]
9x AA-11 Archer [R-73]
8x S-24B 240mm Rocket

SIDE: US/SK
===========================================================

LOSSES:
-------------------------------
3x F-16A Falcon

EXPENDITURES:
------------------
23x 20mm/85 M61A1 Vulcan Burst [100 rnds]
4x 20mm/85 Vulcan Burst [100 rnds]
26x AIM-9L Sidewinder
6x Generic Flare Salvo [3x Cartridges, Single Spectral]
6x MIM-23B I-HAWK

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 4
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 3/26/2017 11:55:31 PM   
Excroat3

Thanks for the report! Scoring has been added, with point for killing planes and losing your own, as well as a significant point loss if the runway is damaged. If there are no other comments, this scenario will go up on Wednesday.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 3/29/2017 8:16:29 PM   
Excroat3

Uploaded to scenario page.

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 6
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 4/1/2017 6:03:53 PM   
ultradave

A little late to the party but I have tried to play this several times. I must have a mismatch somewhere because my F-16 flights refuse to follow any orders I give them, with or without missions. If I plot courses they circle like they have no orders. With missions plotted, in one run they just circled in place, in another they all headed off in the general direction of Pusan.

My Command is up to 906.25. Do I need to go into the editor and rebuild it with a different database? Not sure what's going wrong but it doesn't affect any other scenario.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 7
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 4/1/2017 8:14:17 PM   
Excroat3

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

A little late to the party but I have tried to play this several times. I must have a mismatch somewhere because my F-16 flights refuse to follow any orders I give them, with or without missions. If I plot courses they circle like they have no orders. With missions plotted, in one run they just circled in place, in another they all headed off in the general direction of Pusan.

My Command is up to 906.25. Do I need to go into the editor and rebuild it with a different database? Not sure what's going wrong but it doesn't affect any other scenario.

Not sure. I play-tested this one with no issues. Maybe go to the tech support thread? Not sure what I can do, but I will go through it again to make sure there shouldn't be any issues with it.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 8
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 4/1/2017 10:51:53 PM   
ultradave

No, I wouldn't spend any time on it. I'm sure it's my mismatch of game/db/scenario somewhere. Obviously others had no problems. Just hoping you might know.

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to Excroat3)
Post #: 9
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 4/1/2017 11:17:32 PM   
Excroat3

quote:

ORIGINAL: ultradave

No, I wouldn't spend any time on it. I'm sure it's my mismatch of game/db/scenario somewhere. Obviously others had no problems. Just hoping you might know.

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't. Hopefully a save sent to the devs can help specify the problem.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 10
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 4/1/2017 11:18:59 PM   
ultradave

I forced a rebuild to the current db (it said it already was). That seemed to fix it. Quick run through and I got an average - only a couple of MIG 23s got to the airfield and were dodging missiles so no damage. Shot down 25 NK aircraft and lost 8 F-16s. Seems to be working normally now.

----------------
Dave A.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 11
RE: New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas D... - 4/1/2017 11:32:02 PM   
Excroat3

Glad you were able to fix the problem!

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> New Scenario for Testing: Red Phoenix - Christmas Day, 1986 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI