Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CD Shipments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> CD Shipments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CD Shipments - 5/17/2001 11:26:00 PM   
Panzer Commander

Have the 5.1 version CD's shipped yet? I pre-ordered but have not heard anything lately on the status?

Panzer Commander
Post #: 1
- 5/18/2001 2:51:00 AM   
gators

i was wondering the same thing. i pre-ordered a while ago too, so i'm naturally curious

"It ain't the gun, Sonny. It's the operator" Bob the Nailer

(in reply to Panzer Commander)
Post #: 2
- 5/18/2001 5:02:00 AM   
Bing

That's what we get for "pre-"ordering, which in effect means we ordered before we ordered. That can't be done. When do we get the CD's? I ordered one myself, it will be the only way I can play the new version. Downloading over the local phone system is out of the question. Not all of us have fancy DSL connections or whatever. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 3
- 5/18/2001 5:14:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys I posted this before but I post it again. The CD company had a problem pressing the CD's. The end result was that they had to press them all over again and as soon as the new batch hits the warehouse they will be shipped. Now I know you guys preorder and you asked what did you get. First you got it at a cheaper rate. Most compaines do not make a free download version and a retail version. Once we felt the product went Gold we expected we went ahead and released the internet version. I am sorry for the delay. I expect the delay to be about a week to ten days. I will post here as soon as the CD are in the warehouse and shipping. David Heath

Post #: 4
- 5/18/2001 6:12:00 AM   
GrinningDwarf

Thanks, David. We'll try to be patient. Bing, two questions.... 1. Do you have any download assisting software like Go!Zilla? 2. Do you already have v.4.5? If you can answer yes to both of those, you can do what I did over my 26k rural phone lines....download the patch over several nights. Before you go to bed, turn off your screensaver and stand-by mode, start downloading, stop downloading when you get up, and repeat until you have it. It took me three nights to get it.

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

Post #: 5
- 5/18/2001 7:39:00 AM   
DELTA32

NEVER "pre-order" anything ! Delta 3-2

Post #: 6
- 5/18/2001 7:40:00 AM   
Bing

GD - My average D/L speed - which after all is what really matters - is 3.60, meaning I get 12 Megs per hour, 13 if I am very lucky. I figure life is too short to putter around with partial downloads, etc. I might have done it anyway, but it looked like the CD was going to ship. Might as well wait ... so I did. Yes, I have v 4.5. Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 7
- 5/18/2001 10:38:00 AM   
Trolz

hey Bing!..i have about the same rate as u!!..)sometimes i even have..dare i say it!..a 4.5!!!)...hahaha anyway,i dl the entire thing..30-32 hours!..(my vers4.5 got corupted)..so it can be done!..maybe my situation is different from yours,but it is worth it to dl!!....just a thought... :)

Here's to ya! Career League

Post #: 8
- 5/18/2001 11:38:00 AM   
Warrior

quote:

Originally posted by DELTA3-2: NEVER "pre-order" anything !
You must be one of those "rich" guys I hear about. I liked saving a little off the price.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 9
- 5/18/2001 7:26:00 PM   
GrinningDwarf

quote:

Originally posted by Bing: GD - My average D/L speed - which after all is what really matters - is 3.60, meaning I get 12 Megs per hour, 13 if I am very lucky.
My average speed is 2.6. (Nyah, nyah! My phone lines are crappier than yers! :p ) I wasn't gonna download it either, but when I saw the CD wasn't gonna be here in a few days (our mail service is worse than our phone lines!), I downloaded it over three nights. It was a 21 hour download. And now I'm playing 5.0! With phone lines like ours, I've gotten real chummy with Go!Zilla. It's about the only way I can download anything usefull.

Sergeant to new replacements on the line: I may not have time to tell you to duck, but if you see me dive for the ground you might want to think about why I'm doing it.

Post #: 10
- 5/19/2001 1:09:00 AM   
Major_Johnson

Hey Dave, since there has been a delay in the cd shipping will we be getting 5.1 (would be a nice consolation) or 5.0 and still have too appy the patch?? Thanks.

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

Post #: 11
- 5/19/2001 4:17:00 AM   
davidcarrell

M.J. If I may answer. From my understanding 5.01 will be inclueded.

MSG Jerry M. "Mad Dog" Shriver US Special Forces 24 APR 69 Cambodia *POW/MIA* You Are Not Forgotten www.taskforceomegainc.org

Post #: 12
- 5/19/2001 4:40:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys We delayed the game a little at the start to give you v5.01 on the CD. So YES it will be on the CD and a lot of other Goodies. Then we had the CD pressing problems but that is being cleard up as we speak. O the comment on never pre-ording I have this to say we do not plan to setup pre-orders until we are about a month or less from shipping. Pre-orders do help us out as well. Anyone who pre-orders will also receive a discount that will only be available during this time. SPWaW is a little special that there is a CD and a full game download. I do not expect you will see this in the future.

Post #: 13
- 5/19/2001 5:09:00 AM   
gators

As a wise man once said never pre-order. It has never worked for me.

Post #: 14
- 5/19/2001 7:00:00 AM   
Don

quote:

As a wise man once said never pre-order. It has never worked for me.
By pre-ordering here you would have been helping Matrix - so what's wrong with that?

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

Post #: 15
- 5/19/2001 7:52:00 AM   
nimu

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Don: [QB] By pre-ordering here you would have been helping Matrix - so what's wrong with that? I did pre-order just because of that!!!!The 5 dollars saving weren't so important because i had to pay 25 for the expedition!!!Pre-order is important because you give to Matrix the first step from where to start thr making money affair!!!! Thanks again for the very good work u've done guys!

"out of ammo........God save the King"

Post #: 16
- 5/19/2001 8:07:00 AM   
Drex

Pre-ordering is the feedback Matrix need s to tell them their efforts have not been in vain. It will influence them to develop other Megas, other games. come on guys, look at the long road. we never had it so good.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

Post #: 17
- 5/19/2001 8:55:00 AM   
gators

the point i was making about pre-orders has been valid in regard to shipping dates. I have no problem about helping Matrix. Still the software industry as a whole is notorious about shipping dates that mislead consumers. I realize there are sporadic exceptions, but in logic doesn't the exception often prove the rule? I did not intend to single out Matrix I merely made an observation based on years of experience as a software purchaser.

Post #: 18
- 5/19/2001 11:26:00 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys Freyurg does have a vaild point. This is why we are not going pre-order the game before we are sure its off to CD maker ahead of time. I must say I have hated compaines that take pre-order months upon months before the game ships. This will not be us I promise. Anyway one the game is at the warehouse I let everyone know. Thanks again for everyones support.

Post #: 19
- 5/19/2001 11:52:00 AM   
Banjo

I think of this short delay as getting the bugs out of the process. I don't know how much experience the Matrix staff has in getting a commercial product like this out to the customers, but the first time is always tough. It is absolutly fantastic that you guys made the patch and full version available ahead of time. When I downloaded 4.0 it took 30+ hours. The 5.0 patch took about 15 or so. Thanks to the Getright program I was able to do it. Keep up the grat work guys, we are all chompin' on the bit to see that new cd in the mailbox. My checkbook is waiting for the next product release.

Post #: 20
- 5/19/2001 12:22:00 PM   
bobaloo000

The wait is killing me. I feel like I ordered this thing two months ago. Oh, I did. Never mind.

Mister I'm not a boy no I'm a man/and I believe in the promised land...

Post #: 21
- 5/19/2001 7:05:00 PM   
GI Seve

Hehe .. well I understand that ye all had hard time getting version 4.5 in Europe and even in US .. BUT HERE IN WOLRDS BEST COUNTRY FINLAND we computer wargamers got full 4.5 version on cd by our best cpu magazine PELIT LEHTI(www.pelit.fi) :D[translates something like gamer's magazine and it's game news by players to other players not by cheap liars to players like it seems to be everywhere else in this planet :) For example : Black&White got really ****ty review on this magazine] YEEAAHH!! we Finns are soooo priviledged :D To something not so much related .. Im thinking of supporting Matrix games by buying that cd .. but if version 5.0 is corrupted have ye added 5.01 updater to that cd or do I have to dl it myself with my adsl wich is not big problem but for me but for ppl with bad connections it think it's bad problem ... I now have allready v. 5.01 updater downloaded but it complains about one certain file (vid998.smk)in updater program being corrupted :( this leads to that film in beginning of game not being shown :( and I got that updater from 4.5 to 5.01 any suggestions on how to fix this? or do I have to dl that separate vid998.smk update too?

HallelujaaGobble!

Post #: 22
- 5/19/2001 7:16:00 PM   
Mikimoto

Hi Gi Seve. The Matrix team has repeated in this forum that the Cd game version will be the 5.01 without bugs or problems. And you will have the mega-campaign. Its worth the price, sure!!! You are wrong. The best country in the world is Catalonia. You don't have sun and we have a lot here!!! And I can't live without those sunny days :D :D :D :D :D

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 23
- 5/19/2001 9:15:00 PM   
Red Baron

You are wrong. The best country in the world is Catalonia. You don't have sun and we have a lot here!!! And I can't live without those sunny days :D :D :D :D :D[/QB][/QUOTE] I can hear that you´d never been to Finland in the summer time!! Then you wouldn´t write so!! The sun and the heat (not to forget the Mosquitos) can kill you :D :D :D Regards..Michael.

Post #: 24
- 5/20/2001 7:50:00 AM   
Alby

David Heath Administrator Member # 19 posted May 19, 2001 12:26 AM "This is why we are not going pre-order the game before we are sure its off to CD maker ahead of time. I must say I have hated compaines that take pre-order months upon months before the game ships. " Not complaining mind you, but, it has been months,,,heheh, just keeping you on your toes! ;)

Post #: 25
- 5/20/2001 11:56:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

It was, it just came back with a problem , then we delayed to get 5.01 on it...the best laid plans and all. If it were easy everybody and their brother would be selling game CD's in their spare time... :p

Post #: 26
- 5/20/2001 11:16:00 PM   
Alby

Just pokin fun, dont take anything I say TOO serious, ;)

Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> CD Shipments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI