Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

a little dissappointed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> a little dissappointed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
a little dissappointed - 3/22/2017 11:39:31 AM   
MrDave

Good morning,
I decided to go back to my roots and buy SPWaW. The game plays very nicely on my Surface Pro 3 w/ Win 10.x with the exception of the arty, of course. I patched it with the "fix" but it did not seem to resolve anything. On top of this, the DX would not function for as directed.
I made certain that the mech.exe was set properly.
If you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful. $50 is still a lot to pay for game.

In Him,
MrDave
TOAW OOBP PC ATG CoH
Post #: 1
RE: a little dissappointed - 3/22/2017 12:43:05 PM   
Riitaoja2

All the fixes provided here on the forums are user made non official ones. Officially the game only supports Windows 95/98/2000/XP. In addition something that is missing from the Product Requirements page is that the game does not work properly on multi core processors.

Ideally everyone should first download the free version of the game and make sure it works before committing to buying the full game. The only difference with the full game and the free game are the Mega Campaigns.

It really boggles my mind that they keep selling the game even though it is basically broken. I guess you could try contacting Matrix Games support and see what they have to say about it.

(in reply to MrDave)
Post #: 2
RE: a little dissappointed - 3/22/2017 5:24:42 PM   
Major_Mess

MrDave.

I don't know anything about SPWaW working on a Surface Pro, I do believe I've read a few posts with people asking though.
AFAIK, DxWnd should work for you. Try this set of instructions, they might be a bit more applicable for your setup. DxWnd is now up to version 2.04.20 but the directions are still valid.

You mentioned "I made certain that the mech.exe was set properly."
You don't need to do anything with the mech.exe, leave it alone, don't mess with anything in it's Properties.

HTH

Major Mess

Click below. You know you want to!!

(in reply to Riitaoja2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> a little dissappointed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI