Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Diplomacy is France's best weapon.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Diplomacy is France's best weapon. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Diplomacy is France's best weapon. - 1/9/2017 3:15:35 AM   
Seminole

Tried a game as the Allies after playing 6 months as each side to get a feel for the game.
Decided France is undefendable and that the best expenditure of early Allied MPP would be getting more Allies. Focused first on maximizing USA, and had them join the war by the summer of '40, then concentrated efforts on USSR and they joined Allies by May '41.
The increased mobilization is more than a payback for the early investment.
Still had time to reinforce French Army to max strength and fall back in good enough order to delay German victory relative to historical.
Post #: 1
RE: Diplomacy is France's best weapon. - 1/12/2017 6:51:22 PM   
Malor

Sounds like a great but gamey plan. It's like using the French navy in suicide missions because you know they are going away sometime.

I would expect the French morale to take a huge hit if MPPs are not being spent on defense spending. Perhaps something to consider for a future patch.

Malor

(in reply to Seminole)
Post #: 2
RE: Diplomacy is France's best weapon. - 4/23/2017 5:57:42 PM   
hellraiser1973

yep, the OP is right. France is a lost cause so she can use the mpps for diplo. IMHO, they shouldnt be allowed to invest chits in diplomacy because with some lucky strikes, it might be game over for the axis player.

(in reply to Malor)
Post #: 3
RE: Diplomacy is France's best weapon. - 4/27/2017 2:39:44 AM   
Leadwieght

Using France's MPP's for diplo chits can be very effective when playing against the AI, which pretty much follows a historical timetable when attacking France. But I think it could be a disastrous strategy against an alert human player, who would surely notice the French outlay on diplo and hurry up his attack accordingly, confident that the French defense would be thin on the ground.

(in reply to hellraiser1973)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Diplomacy is France's best weapon. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI