Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Running through steam = no UI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Running through steam = no UI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Running through steam = no UI - 9/27/2017 10:33:17 PM   
SpaceTurds

Windows 7 64bit, 4GB RAM, ATI 6450

When I run this game through steam I get the main menu fine but when the game starts there is no UI. I get the stars and ships and the "game is paused" text but nothing is rendered on top of it. If I alt+tab out of it I can see it but as soon as I click back on it disappears again. I've tried everything in the troubleshooting thread on the steam forum and none of that works. I have tried turning off the steam overlay and that doesn't work. I've tried different resolutions, no luck. I've tried windowed mode and that doesn't work. I've reinstalled the game and it is still the same.

The only thing that works is if I go into the folder and run DistantWorlds.exe without steam which means I can't play in the living room with my steam controller (which is what I bought the game for). Either way I run it I only seem to get a white pixel as a mouse pointer which is tiny!

Anyone heard of this? (attatched dxdiag)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SpaceTurds -- 9/27/2017 10:38:28 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Running through steam = no UI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI