Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Create an option panel for in-game triggers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Create an option panel for in-game triggers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Create an option panel for in-game triggers - 6/30/2021 2:33:10 PM   
El_Condoro

We know that event scripts can be turned off before a game starts but those options apply for the entirety of that game. As a campaign designer, I have been wanting a way to enable triggers in the game and not just at the beginning, so I came up with this idea. Option Panel

It enables any event script to be triggered through the movement of a button on the map as part of a panel.

As an example, what if the US > Russia transfer of MPPs could be done on a turn-by-turn basis, rather than every turn as it is now. Please note, this is an example and I'm sure Stalin would have had a thing or two to say to Roosevelt if it happened in history but bear with me! With the option panel, the Allies player could decide to send the MPPs for a period of time and turn it off when the US needs them. And back on again when the Russians need them.

As a designer, there are plenty of times I want to test something but don't want to play the whole game to get to that bit - the option button panel could help by allowing a designer to switch on an event when it's needed. Use a saved game to test what happens in various circumstances etc etc.

Anyway, have a look and let me know what you think.

NB: This will have no effect on scripts that use Global Variables [GV] as they are set at the beginning of a game. e.g. whether the Allied expedition to Finland succeeds or fails (50%).
Post #: 1
RE: Create an option panel for in-game triggers - 7/1/2021 10:13:08 AM   
BillRunacre

Great thinking, I like what you've done here!

I wonder, if you were to put these on an out of way part of the map, on resources that are set to Hidden (right click in properties in the Editor to do this) whether that might help keep them unnoticed.

If you're using the official map then places like Canada and Greenland can be useful for this, at least to prevent anyone attacking them.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to El_Condoro)
Post #: 2
RE: Create an option panel for in-game triggers - 11/17/2021 12:15:56 AM   
SittingDuck

Bill, did you all do this in SC:WaW? I note some resources in the bottom right on the half-hexes. Are those not considered reachable, and yet 'within the world system' so as to count?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Create an option panel for in-game triggers - 11/17/2021 12:17:12 PM   
BillRunacre

They are hidden resources so they just have an economic value as and when the scripts dictate they should be in play.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to SittingDuck)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Create an option panel for in-game triggers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI