Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Unit Transfer Confirmation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Air Unit Transfer Confirmation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Unit Transfer Confirmation - 5/10/2003 7:27:03 AM   
NAVMAN

Does anyone think it a good idea to be asked to confirm the destination of an air unit when transferring it to a new location. In
other words, if I trans a unit from. say Lunga to Munda, a message would appear something like this;"Confirm Trans to Munda y/n?"Reason is, I just sent a unit someplace I did not want to because I was too trigger happy with the mouse.
Post #: 1
- 5/10/2003 8:34:52 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

Here's haiku answer for ya...

Zeros to Munda?
Funny placenames all around
Think before you click

O.

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 2
- 5/10/2003 8:46:56 AM   
NAVMAN

Oleg,
I'm not sure I understand your reply. I was not trans Zeros to Munda, that was just an example. As far as thinking, I'll take it under advisement.

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 3
- 5/10/2003 8:53:26 AM   
Oleg Mastruko

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NAVMAN
[B]Oleg,
I'm not sure I understand your reply. I was not trans Zeros to Munda, that was just an example. As far as thinking, I'll take it under advisement. [/B][/QUOTE]

I didn't expect any layman to understand it, it's Poetry. It's not meant to be understood. You know, like Baudelaire or Walt Whitman or Pablo Neruda...

Only better.

O.

PS. Just joking - don't take any of this seriously :) It's late night and all my PBEM opponents seem to have gone to sleep, even ones on the opposite side of the globe :)

Worst thing is transferring squadrons to someplace where there's no air support at all... happens a lot with float planes since they can land almost anywhere.

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 4
- 5/10/2003 10:18:23 AM   
Drex

Go with the Haiku. we all make mistakes in UV and in real life.

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 5
- 5/10/2003 10:43:45 AM   
pasternakski

Oleg writes Haiku?
World smiles, but does not prosper.
Wisdom still in doubt.

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 6
- 5/11/2003 6:12:46 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

NAVMAN, here is an explanation FYI from [URL]http://volweb.utk.edu/Schools/bedford/harrisms/haiku.htm[/URL]

"Haiku is a poetic form and a type of poetry from the Japanese culture. Haiku combines form, content, and language in a meaningful, yet compact form. Haiku poets [...] write about everyday things. Many themes include nature, feelings, or experiences. Usually they use simple words and grammar. The most common form for Haiku is three short lines. The first line usually contains five (5) syllables, the second line seven (7) syllables, and the third line contains five (5) syllables. Haiku doesn't rhyme. A Haiku must "paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry!"

Personally, I've made some bad transfer moves myself when in a hurry ('just another PBEM turn before work...' ) and in those case I wish there was a confirmation button, but in most cases it would be one additional annoying mouse click more, IMO. So, just be careful, and save often!

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 7
- 5/12/2003 1:41:10 AM   
NAVMAN

LST:Thank you. Very informative.

(in reply to NAVMAN)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Air Unit Transfer Confirmation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI