Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Temporarily Hangs [Solved]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Game Temporarily Hangs [Solved] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Temporarily Hangs [Solved] - 5/6/2017 6:25:20 AM   
astjohn76

Score: 0
Hello

I have noticed that the application hangs while processing a turn and sometimes while calculating air combat. When a turn is being processed especially while calculating supply I check the task manager and I see that the .exe turns red indicating an application hang. I've noticed this since left clicking on the map during processing a turn I get the windows message saying the application isn't responding. My comp is relatively new and I don't have any other issues with other games.

< Message edited by astjohn76 -- 5/17/2017 2:32:44 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Game Temporarily Hangs - 5/9/2017 11:34:15 AM   
Benedict151

hello astjohn76

We're sorry to hear you are experiencing problems

If it is possible to receive the following it would be fantastic and really help us track things down

1) Screenshot of the error screen.

2) The contents of the ERROR folder that is generated in your Users\<your name>\My Documents\My Games\Strategic Command - WWII War in Europe\ERROR folder.

3) Steps to reproduce the error and any information on whether it was repeatable or not (I know you largely cover this in your original post, but if anything else strieks you).

regards
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to astjohn76)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Temporarily Hangs - 5/17/2017 2:32:17 AM   
astjohn76

Hello

Thank You for the reply.

So with a little tinkering I solved the problem! Apparently I had to run the compatibility troubleshooting option for the program since I am using Windows 10. It seems most older programs don't work well with Windows 10.

Now the game doesn't hang at all and runs beautifully.

(in reply to Benedict151)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Temporarily Hangs - 5/19/2017 1:56:39 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Hi Astjohn76, can you tell me which compatibility setting (or settings) you selected in order to get the game to run on your end?

This might be helpful for others in a similar situation.

Thanks,
Hubert

(in reply to astjohn76)
Post #: 4
RE: Game Temporarily Hangs - 5/19/2017 7:32:18 PM   
astjohn76

Hello Hubert

Locate the .exe for the game and right click it then click troubleshoot compatibility. The rest should be self explanatory. The setting that Windows recommended was Windows 8 which is what I selected. Now the game doesn't get hung when I click during calculating supply anymore.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> Game Temporarily Hangs [Solved] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI