Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Final Countdown : 1980 Nimitz vs 1941 Japanese Fleet

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Final Countdown : 1980 Nimitz vs 1941 Japanese Fleet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Final Countdown : 1980 Nimitz vs 1941 Japanese Fleet - 8/13/2017 12:47:01 PM   
Midane

So I wanted to play this amazing scenario based on The Final Countdown movie time travel plot described here again, but it was designed in 2014 and never updated since, and it's very hard to make it work with Command 1.2

The problems with the original file are :
- It is not possible to arm the A-7E and F-14A (message "aircraft was not equipped...")
- The Japanese mission strikes on Peal Harbor won't trigger. Pretty boring.

I tried to fixed this and here is what I found :
- You can actually arm the A-7E and F-14A by clicking on "OK - Ready" in the Ready/Arm window instead of double-clicking on the Loadout name you want. Pretty weird, must be a bug . Anyway it works fine this way, you can even load nuclear weapons.
- The time of trigger for the 2nd wave attack was not right. I fixed this to put it 1h15 minutes after the 1st wave, as originally intended.
- One of the problem that prevent the missions to be launched is the fact that the planes are not in range of Peal Harbor, by a long way. I don't understand why it worked originally. Maybe the planes had Drop Tanks that mysteriously disappeared. To compensate for this, I put the Japanese fleet much closer so they are in range when it's time to attack. To compensate, I put the Nimitz farther SW.
- Still, the missions won't trigger. I didn't get why, as they should, according to the scenario parameters .

I spent 2 hours on this already and I'm not sure I want to spend more time . So I provide here the file with the current status, if someone wants to continue to debug it .

(originally posted in the original related post, but since it was in the AAR section, I thought it would be best to post it in the scenario section).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Midane -- 8/13/2017 12:48:34 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Final Countdown : 1980 Nimitz vs 1941 Japanese Fleet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI