Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED B976] Planes outside prosecution area

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B976] Planes outside prosecution area Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED B976] Planes outside prosecution area - 10/12/2017 6:29:48 PM   
JPFisher55

In the attached saved game, flight 4410 is flying well out of its prosecution zone.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 10/13/2017 11:14:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Planes outside prosecution area - 10/12/2017 6:53:34 PM   
thewood1

I think its doing what its mission orders say...Investigate contacts within weapon range. I suspect it followed a contact out of the prosecution zone and is now pursuing that contact or some other one that cam within the AIM-120 envelope. As soon as I uncheck that box in the mission, the unit immediately beats feet for the patrol zone.

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 2
RE: Planes outside prosecution area - 10/12/2017 7:09:29 PM   
Dimitris

I had described this a while ago on another forum:

quote:

It’s an additional measure for AI units against edge cases and “gamey / camping / grinding” players.

Let’s say you have you air patrol all set up, and enemy fighters sit just outside your patrol & investigation zones and take potshots with their long-range weapons against you patrol aircraft. A “clever” player may use this to grind down an enemy barrier with little risk.

With this option disabled, your aircraft will strictly stick to their patrol & investigation zones and will not step outside them for any reason. Sometimes you do want this behavior, either for your own forces (“Don’t step into the neutral zone / DMZ!”) or to model the SOP of some nation or other.

Other times though, you do want your guys, if they have suitable weapons, to reach outside and repay the potshots in kind (Or in a more general sense, be more relaxed about stepping out of their box and investigating unidentified contacts. This can be pretty handy e.g. for MPA aircraft in busy waterways). In that case you enable this option.

This can work pretty well in raising the risk for “sniper” attacks (“You’ll take my life, but I’ll take yours too”), but has to be used with care because it also opens the door to possible “draw & ambush” dangers.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Planes outside prosecution area - 10/12/2017 8:17:05 PM   
JPFisher55

Before 1.13, planes on air patrol would not travel outside of its prosecution zone. They would shoot at planes outside its prosecution zone if the investigate targets within weapon range was checked; otherwise they would only shoot at targets in their prosecution zone. This assumes that investigate targets outside patrol zone is checked and a prosecution zone set.

In 1.13, planes are traveling outside of their prosecution zone if the investigate targets within weapon range is checked. This is either a planned change or an error.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 4
RE: Planes outside prosecution area - 10/13/2017 4:28:47 AM   
ComDev

Erm?

I diffed a bunch of the AI code last night and didn't find any changes.

This is evident in the above scen? I.e. load in 1.12 and 1.13, and observe the diff?

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to JPFisher55)
Post #: 5
RE: Planes outside prosecution area - 10/13/2017 11:13:49 PM   
ComDev

Strike my last. Fixed some stuff related to this. Thanks for reporting, and thanks for the save game

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 6
RE: Planes outside prosecution area - 10/14/2017 3:22:43 AM   
JPFisher55

You're welcome, Emsoy. Thanks for all the great work on this great game.

(in reply to ComDev)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED B976] Planes outside prosecution area Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI