Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't get CMANO to work on my laptop

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Can't get CMANO to work on my laptop Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't get CMANO to work on my laptop - 10/19/2017 7:41:19 PM   
tevans

Need a little help. I decided to download the game (v 1.12) to my laptop thru Steam. Everything downloads and installs perfectly but when I try to start the game I get an error (Unable to load DLL 'lua52'.

My laptop has Windows 7 64-bit with 16 GB of memory. It's fully updated and all the prerequisites are installed. It's weird because I can install the game on my desktop thru Steam and it works. Only difference is my desktop has Windows 10 64-bit.

Just to experiment, I used my serial number to download a full version of CMANO (v 1.12) from Matrix and tried a manual install. The install works fine on the desktop but gives the same error about not being able to load the DLL on the laptop. Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't get CMANO to work on my laptop - 10/19/2017 7:47:37 PM   
Dimitris

Hi,

This usually means that the VC++ redistributable has not been installed properly (Lua needs this in order to work).

On the Matrix version, this is found on [CMANO]\PreRequisites\vc_redist.x86.exe

On the Steam version, it is located on [CMANO]\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2015\vc_redist.x86.exe

Give it a go and let us know. Cheers!

(in reply to tevans)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't get CMANO to work on my laptop - 10/19/2017 8:09:55 PM   
zakblood

quote:

This usually means that the VC++ redistributable has not been installed properly (Lua needs this in order to work).

most know it but some may not, on a 64bit version of any operating system, so will comment for user who later may or may not read and get help from it...

on a 64bit O/S, when a redistributable to a given game is needed and or if included with the game, it doesn't matter if you load the 64bit version, the game will still fail, unless previously you have already installed the 32bit version of the same redistributable, and the order of install matters, the 32bit file always needs installing before the 64bit version in order for it to be correctly installed, while some have managed to get away on some O/S differently, even M/S gives the order as 32bit first, 64bit second.

and finally some think that having the latest version means they don't need to install older version for some reasons, maybe thinking (wrongly mind you) that the latest version Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86 / x64) - 14.10.25008 has all the other versions included, which it doesn't so cancel the install.

which again makes the game bring up a error code and number / message.

installing the same version muliple times doesn't do anything other than repair the same version you have, and tells you so when or if you try, on both versions, 32 and 64bit.

here's mine as it's a default image of a backup version i've slip streamed into a image of windows 10 i use, so all my reinstalls of windows get the right and correct version for all my games installed,

only the nvidia driver versions change per rebuild of the image, unless something else tool wise or software wise is needed or used.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 10/19/2017 8:17:08 PM >

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Can't get CMANO to work on my laptop Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI