Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/3/2017 6:49:01 PM   
localmaki

I loaded the newest patch a week or so ago and everything seemed to work great. Today I can only replace 4 airframes at a time into an air unit. Started a new scenario and it is the same thing for both Allies and Axis. Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/3/2017 7:00:58 PM   
Zecke

quote:

ORIGINAL: localmaki

I loaded the newest patch a week or so ago and everything seemed to work great. Today I can only replace 4 airframes at a time into an air unit. Started a new scenario and it is the same thing for both Allies and Axis. Any ideas?

??.. tontos somos y lo sabes.

Epsilon Eridani

(in reply to localmaki)
Post #: 2
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/3/2017 7:18:24 PM   
geofflambert

What do you mean by airframe? No engines? Are you using the reserve button to add? If the add replacement button isn't lit up there are usually reasons for it. If you're far from a home base, on too small an airbase or with insufficient support it may not matter how many planes are in the pool they may just not be available where your unit is, or not enough of them. Sometimes you have to rotate squadrons out from the front to get them back to full strength.

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 3
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/3/2017 9:05:44 PM   
BBfanboy

I think the gorn hit the button on the head when he mentioned using the reserve button. Most air units can only have 4 reserve aircraft so using that button will give you up to four and then grey out. During the turn the Sqn may take the reserve aircraft to fill the squadron's active ranks, leaving you space to use the reserve button again for up to four aircraft (if there are none).

Instead look at the middle section of the air unit screen and hit the "Turn on Replacements" button to get the replacements to happen automatically (if all conditions for replacements are met), OR use the button below that which says something like "Add Aircraft to Group". You will be able to transfer in a maximum of 12 aircraft per turn (conditions allowing).

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 4
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/4/2017 10:52:05 AM   
localmaki

Thanks for the answers. However, the problem of adding more than four aircraft to a unit is general, and as I said it was working perfectly prior to this. Even if I open a new scenario where in the past I was able to add the usual 12 units to an air group I can now only add 4. No exceptions. I think I'm in computer purgatory and might have to try reloading the game.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/4/2017 2:50:15 PM   
Lowpe

Post a picture please. I am willing to bet the Gorn is correct.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Lowpe -- 12/4/2017 2:56:45 PM >

(in reply to localmaki)
Post #: 6
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/4/2017 2:58:56 PM   
BillBrown

This is in the last patch notes.

12. Fix issue with getting reserve planes from pool; reserves can only draw up to their limit

You used to be able to draw up to 12 using the reserve button, but with this patch you can only draw
4 using the reserve button, and the other 8 need to be drawn using the replacement button.
Note that if the air unit in question is on a CV/CVL/CVE it can only draw 3 or less using the reserve button.

< Message edited by BillBrown -- 12/4/2017 2:59:55 PM >

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 7
RE: Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 - 12/4/2017 3:52:56 PM   
localmaki

Thanks again, that's it. I made the update and started using it the middle of a game.

(in reply to BillBrown)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Adding airframes dropped from 12 to 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI