Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

2 odd infantry bugs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 2 odd infantry bugs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2 odd infantry bugs - 5/27/2001 10:28:00 AM   
tracer

In the first battle of a generated campaign I noticed some strange behavior by one of my SS rifle squads. The unit had taken losses (down to 5 men) but I was able to rally it enough that I could load it onto a tank and drop it off a couple hexes back where a truck took it further. A couple turns later I saw that its supression had gone to zero, but it had no movement or shots, and when I tried to load it onto another vehicle the game reported it as 'fleeing'. I tried the rally button, but got 'cannot rally units with supression less than one'...even tried moving the HQ unit into the same hex with no effect. In the next battle I had an entrenched fallschirmjager squad (had not fired yet) which was unable to target a Soviet rifle unit 12 hexes away. The LOS was certain, both units were in a completely flat area with no smoke/obstructions, and I verified this by using the 'attack hex with direct fire' button and it showed a targeting reticle over the hex. But when I hit the 'target' button it said 'no targets'. The FJ's MG42 (range 16) was working: its slot showed 5 shots remaining. Anyone else see something like this?

Jim NSB
Post #: 1
- 5/27/2001 10:11:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

When you get situations like this save the game and send it to me.

(in reply to tracer)
Post #: 2
- 5/28/2001 10:09:00 AM   
tracer

I do have a save of the second bug I mentioned; I'll send it to you. I now notice that all the FJ squads that have a LOS to this Soviet rifle unit (which is the only unit they can see) are unable to target it. The visibility in this battle is 12 so any unit spotted by them would be in range.

Jim NSB

(in reply to tracer)
Post #: 3
- 5/28/2001 2:36:00 PM   
Resisti

quote:

Originally posted by tracer: In the next battle I had an entrenched fallschirmjager squad (had not fired yet) which was unable to target a Soviet rifle unit 12 hexes away. The LOS was certain, both units were in a completely flat area with no smoke/obstructions, and I verified this by using the 'attack hex with direct fire' button and it showed a targeting reticle over the hex. But when I hit the 'target' button it said 'no targets'. The FJ's MG42 (range 16) was working: its slot showed 5 shots remaining. Anyone else see something like this?
I would humbly guess this could not be a bug,Tracer: have you checked which fire range was set for the unit you were trying to fire ? I noticed sometimes that both in pbem and campaign my units start the battle with their fire ranges set down to 7,4 or even 1 hex,so that I have to change them back to the normal(max)

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to tracer)
Post #: 4
- 5/28/2001 9:21:00 PM   
tracer

quote:

Originally posted by Resisti: I would humbly guess this could not be a bug,Tracer: have you checked which fire range was set for the unit you were trying to fire ? I noticed sometimes that both in pbem and campaign my units start the battle with their fire ranges set down to 7,4 or even 1 hex,so that I have to change them back to the normal(max)
At least one of the FJ units involved has its range set to 16 (battle visibility and range to target is 12). Besides, the range setting would only affect a unit's op-fire 'trigger'; what I'm seeing is FJ squads unable to shoot at enemy units more than 10 hexes away. Its as if their MG42 LMG (range 18)is not being recognized, so they're limited to the 10 hex range of their Gewehr 33/40 rifles. Good idea though: I hadn't even considered their range setting before you mentioned it. According to Mrs Tracer it wouldn't be the first thing I overlooked ;)

Jim NSB

(in reply to tracer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> 2 odd infantry bugs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI