Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Designers Ettiquette

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Designers Ettiquette Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 10/26/2017 11:17:40 AM   
butch4343

Folks,

A quick question, you put a scenario out to beta here, and you dont get any feedback, how do you interpret that?

Do you post it anyways in the community ready scenarios or do you scrap the scenario?

Im curious as to how others interpret no feedback.

Regards

Butch

Post #: 1
RE: Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 10/26/2017 12:23:54 PM   
mikmykWS

I wouldn't give what happens here much weight. It's a discussion forum so people tend to use it to talk or in some cases troll:) Trust your gut and work. If you like it and built it to your expectations odds are real good others will like it too. Fact you probably exceeded their expectations.

Mike.

(in reply to butch4343)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 10/26/2017 4:48:15 PM   
Gunner98

I'll usually bump it a couple times to get some attention.

Although I find feedback very helpful in refining the scenario, and in most cases it is quite useful - no feedback sometimes happens.

As Mike says, if your happy with it - post it. If someone finds an issue once its in the Community Pack, it can still be fixed.

B

(in reply to butch4343)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 10/26/2017 5:46:57 PM   
Randomizer

Whatever you do, don't take it personally. It is very likely that most CMANO players never post in the Forum and so you will sometimes not receive any useful feedback unless, as Gunner98 says, there's an issue noted after the scenario makes its way into the Community Scenario package.

I would also suggest that you not post a scenario as a Beta since this implies that it may be incomplete and probably most people here would rather play a finished scenario and offer improvements than try something unfinished and be expected to provide feedback. Post it as complete and ready for tweaking. Ask for PM's as some people are reluctant to criticize in public. If you need help with specific issues like Lua scripts or events, it's fine to post the incomplete work but make your requests for assistance as detailed as possible. Posts like these play to a different audience and some Forum Members relish helping budding scenario authors. If this happens, don't forget to acknowledge helpers and a good place to do this is in the Scenario Description.

Another idea is to copy/paste elements of the scenario description and briefing into the upload posting to spur interest and include the scenario date as some Players prefer or avoid older situations. For example, iron bombs may not be popular in some quarters.

Upload it, give a week or so then bump it; if still nothing and you're happy with it, post the finished scenario in the ready scenario forum. As the saying goes, "Publish and be Damned..."

-C

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 10/27/2017 10:42:11 AM   
butch4343

Folks,

Thanks for the advice, I am as always much obliged to you.

Regards

Butch

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 10/27/2017 5:03:40 PM   
thewood1

It might also be a saturation level with scenarios. There are so many coming out, official and community, that its hard to get to them all. Not that its a bad thing, its great to have this much interest in the game.

(in reply to butch4343)
Post #: 6
RE: Scenario Designers Ettiquette - 11/1/2017 12:54:34 PM   
butch4343

Thewood1

Thanks again for your reply. Its good to know that no response from the community doesnt mean a scenario isnt good.

Regards

Butch

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Scenario Designers Ettiquette Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI