Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof-reading).

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm >> Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof-reading). Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof-rea... - 11/4/2017 12:28:51 PM   
drewgalander

Just wanted to give a shout out for Mare Nostvm - used to play many tabletop classical naval games years ago but there has been virtual nothing for this area of warfare on PC. Just getting to grips with the game at the moment but has a very "real" feel for the problems of controlling ancient warships and sits well with my own reading and wargaming of the topic - with events rapidly slipping away from you if you're not careful(and even if you are!). Very much one of those games which will take a lot of effort to master. Many thanks to Daniel Lopez and Turnopia for bringing this project to fruition.

One minor area I would suggest needs a look however, whenever a patch is released - is a check on the written sections - a few issues with the translation and/or writer(s) working in a second language. Though not a problem generally in understanding what's said it does jar when reading and is an easy thing to correct with some decent proof-reading.
Post #: 1
RE: Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof... - 11/4/2017 12:35:20 PM   
Niessuh

Thanks for the support!

The ingame and manual text has been proofreaded, but if something is painfully wrong for you please do tell us.

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

(in reply to drewgalander)
Post #: 2
RE: Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof... - 11/6/2017 8:17:53 AM   
drewgalander

I'm sure it was proof-read, it just hasn't been very effective!

I went back to the game to firm up my initial impressions of the proof-reading so that I could give you some specifics - and for the manual and the tutorial section in the game alone have found around 26 things that I think need changing (haven't re-checked anything further in the game yet). Some of these are typos, spellings, perhaps poor editing between earlier drafts and final version but these are easily corrected and are worth doing so they do not distract from the excellent game.

Rather than list them here I'll email them to you and you can use them (or bin them ) as you wish.

Apologies if this seems critical or picky - I'm a retired teacher so difficult to break old habits !

(in reply to Niessuh)
Post #: 3
RE: Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof... - 11/6/2017 11:09:13 AM   
Niessuh

oh you are really welcome! please send it to info@turnopia.com

Daniel López
Creator of Qvadriga and Mare Nostrvm

(in reply to drewgalander)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm >> Mare Nostrvm - Authentic feel (but in need of proof-reading). Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI