Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

modding the photos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> modding the photos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
modding the photos - 10/24/2017 3:44:43 AM   
Georgy Zhukov

i always thought that the black and white photos do not show in detail the equipment, vehicles and their variants and the quality of these photos leave a lot to be desired.
realistic,clear and well detailed drawings give the player what type of weapons he is visualizing,in addition to providing immersion and quality to the game.
there are webs where the modder can have all kinds of armaments, vehicles and variants like this, it would be incredible if someone made a mod and changed the photos in black and white by these drawings.
if I knew how to do it, I would do it myself, but I bring the idea of whether someone with knowledge in modeling dares to do this work.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/ww2_german_panzers.ph

< Message edited by Georgy Zhukov -- 10/24/2017 3:45:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: modding the photos - 10/24/2017 8:16:34 AM   
Tiger360

You do know that the link attached to your post doesn't exist..right?

(in reply to Georgy Zhukov)
Post #: 2
RE: modding the photos - 10/24/2017 3:16:35 PM   
Georgy Zhukov

the link,in this web is all coimportant countries of second world war,would be an interesting mod to replace the current photos with these magnificent drawing.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2/nazi_germany/ww2_german_panzers.php

The Ausf.F was a close sibling of the E, and it remained almost unmodified. It was produced by no less than five manufacturers, including Daimler-Benz, Alkett, MAN, Henschel, and FAMO. It had modified air intakes and a slightly improved Maybach 120 TRM engine. External modifications included smoke generator mounted on the rear, controlled from the turret, and sometimes a stowage box at the rear of the turret, which became a trademark of later versions.

Ausf.G, XVth Panzerdivision, Tunisia, spring 1943. This is a late production vehicle, up-gunned with the new KwK 40 L/48 gun.

Tiger I Ausf.E, 1st SS Panzerdivision, Kharkov, April 1943.

< Message edited by Georgy Zhukov -- 10/24/2017 3:26:49 PM >

(in reply to Tiger360)
Post #: 3
RE: modding the photos - 10/24/2017 3:47:02 PM   
Aufklaerungs

Got to agree with Georgy. Assuming no copyright infringement issues exist, the quality of the images found at Tank Encyclopedia site should set the art standard for AFVs in the game.

Aufklärungs

(in reply to Georgy Zhukov)
Post #: 4
RE: modding the photos - 10/24/2017 3:54:07 PM   
Georgy Zhukov

in this web there are also naval and air units, which can complete all types of weapons in the game.

< Message edited by Georgy Zhukov -- 10/24/2017 4:00:10 PM >

(in reply to Aufklaerungs)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> modding the photos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI