Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LF another new player to try Europe Aflame 1939-45

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Opponents Wanted >> LF another new player to try Europe Aflame 1939-45 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LF another new player to try Europe Aflame 1939-45 - 11/28/2017 1:09:07 AM   
jjdenver

I've taken a look at this one and it looks interesting and tested at least somewhat. Anyone want to try it? I'm new to the game and you should be new too so you don't just run me over and we can have an interesting game.

Pace should be reasonable. I'd guess something like 1 turn every day or two although I'm new to the game so not sure if that is realistic or not.
Post #: 1
RE: LF another new player to try Europe Aflame 1939-45 - 12/2/2017 4:07:57 PM   
secadegas

EA is probably the best monster scenario ever designed for TOAW.

I tryed most of the monster scenarios during 14 years of daily TOAW playing and i believe EA is still the best one*.

It was very important to TOAW community "back on the days" when Gamesquad was "TOAW's home" where was the only scenario to have a dedicated sub-forum.

In simulation terms is the best full WWII - Europe scenario . It's one of the few scenarios that sucessfully go a little beyond the operational level in which TOAW excels.

That said it's also necessary to mention that isn't most adequate scenario for a complete beginner

In order to take full enjoyment from this scenario you must reasonably dominate TOAW "machine". But as soon as you start enjoying EA you'll surely stop playing anything else...

* Vietnam Combat Operations by Stéphane M Luyat (aka Boonierat) and some Daniel McBride's (aka Stauffenberg) monster scenarios are also very much above the average and also from a higher class.

< Message edited by secadegas -- 12/2/2017 8:58:12 PM >

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Opponents Wanted >> LF another new player to try Europe Aflame 1939-45 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI