Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air Group Transfer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air Group Transfer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air Group Transfer - 11/15/2017 11:13:17 PM   
TheBug67

Slowly learning the game I've come across another question I couldn't find an answer for. I was transferring some air groups in Australia and as seen in the attached image some of the bases have -R following their names. I'm assuming that means it is a rail transfer and will take 2 days. If that is a correct assumption, my question is why are those bases rail transfers and not the other bases in Australia? And is there a way to transfer to those bases with the -R without using rail?
Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/15/2017 11:14:57 PM   
TheBug67

Oops, I guess uploading a picture doesn't work. Hopefully it wasn't needed.

(in reply to TheBug67)
Post #: 2
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/15/2017 11:25:15 PM   
btd64

The R means restricted. It's in yellow so you could, if needed, change the higher command for that base. Also, the air units might be restricted as well and require Political Points(PP) to buy out. hope this helps....GP

This is General Patton. My login is screwed up due to unifying my accounts with Slitherine

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to TheBug67)
Post #: 3
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/15/2017 11:26:23 PM   
dcpollay

The bases are marked as rail transfers because they are a) located on a rail line, and b) out of ferry range of the planes. You can either ship them by rail, which will include any damaged planes, or you can stage them to their destination by flying them to a base partway, and then the rest of the way the following day. This will cause fatigue and possible ops losses during the transfer. Rail transfer is safer, but I believe your planes will arrive damaged and take another couple of days to make the squadron fully operational.

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to TheBug67)
Post #: 4
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/20/2017 10:50:49 PM   
TheBug67

Thanks for the replies!

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 5
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/21/2017 1:26:04 AM   
BBfanboy

Re: Picture posting:
1. Take your screenshot using the PrtScr key next to F12.
2. Open your favorite picture editing program and Paste the screen capture onto a blank page.
3. Crop and edit the picture
4. Save the picture as a JPG or GIF file type. The forum software does not allow other types. Remember the file folder you saved it in.
5. Open a post window in the thread in you want to post the picture in. Put in all your text to accompany the picture.
6. Before submitting your post, click the box at the bottom of the posting window "Embed picture in post". Then click on the text beside it "Click here to upload".
7. Choose "Browse" and navigate to the folder where you left the picture. Select the picture with a left click. Ignore the "Picture to Open" thing - it just means select the picture.
8. Keep clicking OK until you are at the posting window again, then click OK to post the message with picture embedded.

Note - there are limits on physical size and memory usage for the picture, so if the forum software rejects it, go into your folder and use your picture editing software to shrink it, or reduce the resolution of the picture.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to TheBug67)
Post #: 6
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/21/2017 7:04:34 AM   
Chris21wen

Even better ans simpler. If your using Windows 10 use it's in built Snipping tool. Select new when it starts and drag a box around what you want and save.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/21/2017 9:30:04 AM   
HansBolter

My Windows 7 has that same snipping tool.
Don't you need a minimum threshold post count before uploading pictures is enabled?

Hans

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 8
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/21/2017 12:55:55 PM   
jbdenney

Just as an FYI there is also a FREE program called JING (https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html) which is a good screen shot program. You will need to use another program (such as GIMP - also free) to change the Picture format.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 9
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/22/2017 7:26:57 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Don't you need a minimum threshold post count before uploading pictures is enabled?

The threshold is quite low - like 10 or so posts. Just enough to keep out uninvited trolls and advertisers.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 10
RE: Air Group Transfer - 11/23/2017 5:17:09 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Thought it was so but couldn't remember,

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Air Group Transfer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI