Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Big Lizard type thingy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Big Lizard type thingy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Big Lizard type thingy - 12/20/2017 2:04:24 PM   
.Sirius

Hi guys
Yes "Big Lizard" what I'm after is a weapons fit for this cuddly guy, as I've had requests for afew Sci Fi platforms for the CWDB! looking at War of the World's type Saucers got there Death Ray in build already,these are a low priority and genuine CWDB platforms are always top of the list

< Message edited by .Sirius -- 12/20/2017 3:46:20 PM >

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law
Post #: 1
RE: Godzilla - 12/20/2017 2:14:33 PM   
Gunner98

Laser COIL Shots for the eyes I think

B

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 2
RE: Godzilla - 12/20/2017 3:24:52 PM   
Coiler12

Well, first don't use anything that could get into legal trouble, as Toho has an understandable reputation for being very litigious with their trademark monster. (And this applies to the other contraptions you might add too)

Now, for Giant Reptile-Thingy, some sort of COIL-shot equivalent that can attack both air and surface units is what I'd go for. Make it very powerful, enough to two-shot a big warship and one-shot anything else.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 3
RE: Godzilla - 12/20/2017 3:44:24 PM   
.Sirius

Noted thanks it's will be large lizard thing with a man inside creature heh

Paul aka Sirius
Command Developer
Warfaresims
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author

Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law

(in reply to Coiler12)
Post #: 4
RE: Godzilla - 12/20/2017 4:13:34 PM   
Randomizer

Better include some monster-friendly land infrastructure like matchstick buildings, model trains and power lines as stomping targets for Man in Rubber Monster Suit (MIRMS, coming in 1954 from Convair and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries). And maybe a big hole facility for a MIRMS base...

-C

(in reply to .Sirius)
Post #: 5
RE: Godzilla - 12/20/2017 5:22:10 PM   
Gunner98

Will need some form of 'Stomp' weapon - short range but 1000DPs, low CEP. Quite differnet from the 'Claw swipe' which does less damage but can reach out maybe 150 feet...

(in reply to Randomizer)
Post #: 6
RE: Godzilla - 12/20/2017 8:49:52 PM   
AndrewJ

And a strange psychic field which makes pilots inexplicably fly within swatting distance of the LRL (Ludicrous Radioactive Lizard)...

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 7
RE: Godzilla - 12/21/2017 12:08:01 AM   
HalfLifeExpert

Although it would be in DB3000 rather than CWDB, I would actually be interested in gaming out the July 3 Counterattack from Independence Day, under the hypothetical assumption that the aliens don't have shields.

The attack as shown in the film makes no sense, factoring out the shields. The firepower used wouldn't have been enough to destroy that city sized craft. I'd like to try the attack properly, with B-52s. B-1s and B-2s carpeting the thing with iron bombs, F-117s and such dropping Bunker Busters, and Fighters engaging the Alien Fighters. And US Navy assets lobbing waves of Tomahawks at it.

< Message edited by HalfLifeExpert -- 12/21/2017 12:10:31 AM >

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 8
RE: Godzilla - 12/21/2017 1:21:16 AM   
Dysta

Or if I may suggest one that is in line with my Avatar image, then it would be dragons. VTOL, Quasi-unlimited Fire-breathing/flight duration, and biological to make radars harder to identify them. Worse, they don’t need helipads or runways to ‘maintain’ themselves.

And yes, you may take my money if it is out as DLC.

https://youtu.be/qGaqFK1FMfs

(in reply to HalfLifeExpert)
Post #: 9
RE: Godzilla - 12/21/2017 1:41:05 PM   
stilesw

Hmmm. All the above may be OBE. The Lovecraftian institute of advanced military innovation at Miskatonic University in Arkham, MA (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft) is developing a submersible, with land capability, platform that can have a "Big Lizard type thingy" for lunch. It will be ready for sea trials when "the stars are right" according to knowledgeable sources at Miskatonic U.

Jusy saying....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by stilesw -- 12/21/2017 1:42:33 PM >

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Big Lizard type thingy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI