Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Set Reference Point against non friendly units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Set Reference Point against non friendly units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Set Reference Point against non friendly units - 1/19/2018 1:18:40 AM   
TheOttoman

I'm trying to essentially simulate shadowing another, non-friendly, vessel, so that it follows the path of the vessel, including if possible any changes in course or increase in speed (we'll assume that the shadowing vessel is faster than its target). I have tried making a reference point both fixed and rotating and assigned it to the contact, but as soon as I start/resume, the ship moves away and the reference point stays right there.

Am I doing it wrong? Are there any other possible ways to do this?
Post #: 1
RE: Set Reference Point against non friendly units - 1/19/2018 6:19:07 AM   
rmunie0613

I do not think (?) that reference points can be shared by different sides...ie...Side Blue has a mission using reference point 12345... that reference point cannot link (I think...) to a unit of side Red.

(in reply to TheOttoman)
Post #: 2
RE: Set Reference Point against non friendly units - 1/19/2018 4:52:29 PM   
Gunner98

I'm pretty sure RPs can track on other sides but there cannot be any ambiguity. So an allied side is fine, or if your setting up a scenario and one of your sides deliberately has 'God's eye' on or something like that.

It will not work if ambiguity occurs such as any sort of loss or lessening of contact.

Haven't checked that in quite a while and am away from the game at the moment but I think that's the way it works

B

(in reply to rmunie0613)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Set Reference Point against non friendly units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI