Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ships protection in port

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Ships protection in port Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ships protection in port - 2/15/2018 11:31:46 PM   
Zuxius

How safe are ships in port from CV and Subs?
Post #: 1
RE: Ships protection in port - 2/16/2018 1:06:06 PM   
Leadwieght

Subs in high supply and at near-full strength will generally be able to cause 1-2 points of damage max to ships in port. CV attacks can cause 1-3, sometime 1-4, again with high supply and full strength. AA defense upgrades of key ports will decrease the potential danage form CV attacks.

One oddity of the naval rules is that a surface ship will actually have a better chance of doing damage to a ship in port if it allows itself to be "surprised" by moving adjacent to a port that has an enemy ship in it hidden by Fog of War. Doing so will cause damage to the attacking ship, but will also typically cause damage to the defending ship as well. Whereas, if you try to attack a ship in port that you can see, there's a good chance that your shipo will suffer damage while causing none to the defending ship.
It seems a bit counterintuitive to me, but that's the way it works.

(in reply to Zuxius)
Post #: 2
RE: Ships protection in port - 2/16/2018 1:16:48 PM   
Taxman66

I think because it defaults to having the ship attack the port like a strat bomber would instead of the ships in the port.

I'd be curious as to the designers intent on this situation.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Leadwieght)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> Ships protection in port Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI