Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/22/2018 11:52:39 AM   
Ariennye

Hello,

I would like to ask a question.

I am playing the Axis and am just now more experimenting than playing for real.

So I have declined the modification of the Molotov-Ribbentrop-Pact. That put Lithuia in the german sphere of influence.
Then I have made a great effort bringing Lithia toward gemany (just now 65% pro germany) when sudedenly the soviets annexed the baltic states. All of the baltic states.
This is something I don't understand. Did I made a mistake?

Greetings,
- Isabelle

_____
Ariennye
Post #: 1
RE: Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/22/2018 12:42:02 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Below is DE 414 found in the manual

De 414 – ussr: Annex the baltic states? § event fires: On the 8th June 1940, when the USSR is pro-Allied but not fully mobilized, and both Latvia and Estonia are neutral. § cost of accepting: Nothing. § yes: Latvia and Estonia will be annexed by the USSR, while Lithuania will only be annexed if it was not previously annexed by Germany. § no: Nothing

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 2
RE: Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/22/2018 12:55:37 PM   
KorutZelva

If you don't agree with the revised border Germany should be offered a decision to later annex it (DE 610). Maybe you declined it by mistake?

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 3
RE: Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/22/2018 1:05:08 PM   
Taxman66

If you rejected the terms of the initial Pact (DE 600 immediately after the fall of Poland) then you would have to diplomatically get Lithuania before the Russians annex it (as per PvtBenjamin's post above).

If you refused to offer the Revised Borders and Friendship Treaty (DE 630, on Axis turn of/after September 28, 1939 & fall of Poland) you should have been offered DE 610 Germany: Annex Lithuania? on/after the first Axis turn as of February 10, 1940. No need for diplomatic investment.

If you offered the Revised Borders and Friendship Treaty (DE 630) and the Soviets accepted it, you have to get Lithuania diplomatically before they Annex it.

If you offered the Revised Borders (DE 630) and the Soviets refused it, you would be offered DE 610 to Annex Lithunaia without needing diplomatic investment.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 4
RE: Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/22/2018 1:16:28 PM   
Ariennye

Hello,

and thank you very much to all of you. Now I see much clearer.
I thin, I have overseen the offer for annexation of Lithunaia and declined it somehow. I am very new to this game (just three days now).

I think, I will do a restart. I have made so many mistakes (strategically). It is better do begin a fresh game now.

Thanks again,

- Isabelle

_____
Ariennye

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 5
RE: Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/22/2018 1:30:15 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Away from the obvious geographical advantages of these decisions its important to focus on USSR diplomacy.

The more USSR tilts towards Allies the more research and troops they will have when you ultimately attack

its a great game enjoy

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 6
RE: Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact - 2/23/2018 1:43:00 AM   
Leadwieght

From the Axis POV, there are both advantages and disadvantages to annexing Lithuania, if the opportunity presents itself.
Obviously, you get the advantage of the MPPs and you get a more advanced position from which to attack the USSR.

On the other hand, if Germany annexes Lithuania it alarms Stalin and leads to increased Russian mobilization.

If you are planning to pursue an aggressive strategy against the Western Allies, including a possible invasion of England, it may be worthwhile, as the German player, to let the Russians take Lithuania. An invasion of Britain and/or too much success in the Middle East will incite the Russians, and you may not want to add to that by taking Lithuania.

And on the opposite extreme, if you are in the process of conquering France easily in Feb. 1940 (when DE 610 fires) and are looking to mount an an early Barbarossa in Spring 1941, it also may be worth letting the Russians have Lithuania in return for keeping the USSR at a lower mobilization. level.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Molotoc - Ribbentrop - Pact Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI