Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Big toys, Lots of toys

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Big toys, Lots of toys Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Big toys, Lots of toys - 7/4/2003 1:31:56 AM   
Black Sabot

Russia (Black Sabot) vs Germany (Sentry)
8000 points.

August 1942, somewhere over Eastern Europe, Piotr punches his compass in frustration. Flying through the cloud tops, he 's hopelessly lost. For the millionth time he curses the workman who didn't qite tighten the little bolt holding the needle in place.
And for the millionth time he wonders, up or down?
Up to find the sun and probably some Messerschmidts, or down into the rain and thunder to find some landmarks and god knows what else. The way the war's been going so far, the German advance could well have put him behind enemy lines.
He knows he can't put it off much longer, soon the tanks will be empty, making the choice for him. With a sigh of resignation he points the nose of his Sturmovik down.

After a while, the dirty grey-white surrounding him starts to get more wet, then dissolves into rain coming from the low, black ceiling. The ground is stilll a blur, slightly darker than the clouds above. Lower. Lights? Looks like somebody lives there, at least.
Small town, large square, what else? Those hills... Could it be Blodystok? Still over home turf then. Better get a closer look to make sure.

Suddenly the sky is filled with the flaming blossoms of German AA. Cursing violently he rolls and dives to pick up speed and escape the metal exploding around him. Looking down, watching for muzzle flashes he stares in amazement at a mile wide line of vehicles. Lots of tanks and trucks and far to much flak.
Then something hits the plane, he can feel a short hot flash, followed by rain and wind blowing in past his right leg. He'd better get out of here fast. He barely has time to think it and another hit sends tremors through the airframe. That's it, he thinks as the engine noise changes and he watches the altimeter drop, better find a landing spot now, or I'm dead. I wish he had parachutes like the Germans.

The Flak suddenly stops and the road ahead looks clear, except for some halftracks. His mood lightens a little at this last change to do at least some damage to the Nazi's trampling his motherland. 'Well, I'd better dump as much weight as possible, before landing anyway, might as well make it have some meaning', he thinks, as he lines up on one of the hapless vehicles...

I've done this a thousand times and never been hurt.
(much)
Post #: 1
- 7/10/2003 12:20:33 AM   
Black Sabot

A few miles east of Blodystok, colonel Sabotski is wondering what happened to the troops he sent out to investigate the gunfire in the west, when a lone motorcycle comes roaring to his command tent.
'Colonel, the Germans are coming! They killed my platoon, there's thousands of them, we're all going to die!'
The colonel stares in disbelief at the blubbering conscript, blinks, and slaps the poor sod.
'Stop crying, you ninny and get back out there! Find out what they're attacking with and then bring me a proper report! Now move, or I'll shoot you where you stand, you sorry excuse for a man! Captain, get the d*mn tanks rolling and get all the artillery you can on the line, now!'
Why did the Germans have to attack in his sector, when he only had these incompetents to fight them with?

(much)

(in reply to Black Sabot)
Post #: 2
- 7/10/2003 12:23:30 AM   
Black Sabot

As Sentry apparently still can't log on, I'll be posting his reports.
Here's what turn 2 looks like from the German side:

German army group advances slowly,meeting medium resistance.One famous T-34 is roasted but Pz-IV takes a hit too and looses optics.Squad of engineers loaded on HT pops on 76mm ATG and destroys it.Lots of casulties is caused to SO motorcycles,who now press the pedal to flee as far as possible and as fast as possible ;).

At the end of turn comes sudden sirstrike:IL 2 comes in.Lonely AA tries to hit but misses by far.Il targets 81mm mobile mortar and hits it twice but fails to kill.250kg bomb damages suspension.Bad luck IL pilot,u must report to Stavka personally :).Also a bombardment of BM-13 is making german soldiers to take cover.Some of them are too slow and are ripped apart :(

(much)

Post #: 3
- 7/10/2003 12:37:34 AM   
Black Sabot

'Colonel, we have some news from the front, our tanks have managed to destroy some of the German armour, as well as some sp flak and mortars, and some mech infantry. Only minor losses, except for the motor recon, the Nazis seem to have a special dislike for them. '

(much)

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Big toys, Lots of toys Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI