Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze war thriller)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze war thriller) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze war th... - 5/1/2018 1:36:25 PM   
Rusty1961

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mel-gibson-eyes-kamikaze-war-thriller-destroyer-as-next-directing-gig-1107033

I trust him.

Post #: 1
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 1:41:57 PM   
HansBolter

Has the promise to be epic......

Hans

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 2
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 1:49:58 PM   
Leandros

Looks cool!

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 3
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 2:21:28 PM   
btd64

We will see....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 4
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 2:24:41 PM   
Yaab

Working title is "Mad Kami".

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 5
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 4:29:48 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

Unfortunately, Hollywood will try to work in a love story or two and a lot of phony drama dialogue in between kamikaze attacks ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 6
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 6:26:41 PM   
Lawless1

Interesting, I just finished reading the book hop Hollywood don’t mess it up. Who needs a love story

Two types of ships, targets and submarines
Death from below

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 6:32:27 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Working title is "Mad Kami".

Will Charlize Theron be in it?

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 8
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 6:41:53 PM   
MakeeLearn

Hell From the Heavens: The Epic Story of the USS Laffey

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 9
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 9:24:01 PM   
Rusty1961

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Unfortunately, Hollywood will try to work in a love story or two and a lot of phony drama dialogue in between kamikaze attacks ...

I hear you...but any movie which wants to be economically feasible needs skirts in the theater. Sorry! The past is a different country.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 10
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 9:50:23 PM   
Orm

I wonder how Mr Gibson will get a English villain into this one.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 11
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 10:14:51 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

As long as the villain gets to torture Mel in the end, it's all good! Go Kamikaze King!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 12
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 10:16:11 PM   
warspite1

quote:

warspite1

I've seen the draft screenplay - it's actually very easy. Colonel Tavington - fresh from butchering babies in 1776 - moved to Japan and set up home with a load of Geishas. He sired massive numbers of English-speaking Anglo (accent on the Anglo) - Japanese off-spring, and in WWII Tavington's descendants were responsible for setting up the first Kamikaze squadron. In the film USS Laffey was known by Japanese intelligence to be carrying hundreds of women and children on a mercy mission and this makes the ship a prime target for destruction natch.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 13
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 10:24:13 PM   
AW1Steve

It's interesting that it's following on the heals of Tom Hank's "Greyhound", filming aboard the USS Kidd as we speak.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 14
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/1/2018 10:44:39 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

warspite1

I've seen the draft screenplay - it's actually very easy. Colonel Tavington - fresh from butchering babies in 1776 - moved to Japan and set up home with a load of Geishas. He sired massive numbers of English-speaking Anglo (accent on the Anglo) - Japanese off-spring, and in WWII Tavington's descendants were responsible for setting up the first Kamikaze squadron. In the film USS Laffey was known by Japanese intelligence to be carrying hundreds of women and children on a mercy mission and this makes the ship a prime target for destruction natch.

Poor Mel is captured and attached to the Kami plane as payload...but he twists aerodynamically and the Kami misses!

He is also making a sequel - 'The Passion of the Christ: Resurrection'. No joke.

< Message edited by Zorch -- 5/1/2018 10:47:27 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 15
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/2/2018 12:12:15 AM   
dcpollay

quote:

quote:

No doubt starring Ben "Cabin Boy" Affleck as the Captain's love interest....

"It's all according to how your boogaloo situation stands, you understand."

Formerly known as Colonel Mustard, before I got Slitherine Syndrome.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 16
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/2/2018 8:14:44 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

BTW, the John Wukovits (most likely he is of Croatian origins and original family name is "Vuković") is good modern WWII author...

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to MakeeLearn)
Post #: 17
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/2/2018 8:21:50 AM   
Leandros

quote:

quote:

As things are turning out it shall probably be same-sex love. Not that I really care but I am a little fed up of having it pushed
down the throat by the media all the time....

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 18
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/3/2018 2:52:24 PM   
pontiouspilot

Where that topic is concerned one must be careful about what is shoved down one's throat!!!

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 19
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/3/2018 4:09:29 PM   
Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

As things are turning out it shall probably be same-sex love. Not that I really care but I am a little fed up of having it pushed

Ugh, I got a copy of the script. From my Hollyweird insider...

So the capt of the Laffey who was a man before has become a woman now. However his wife is not a lesbian. So she decides to find another love interest. She met a Japanese student in 1937. In 1943 she got letter from the student, he tells her that he want to fly Kamikaze. The wife is devastated. Seh decides to bribe Capt. Kane from a Gato class sub who agrees to smuggle her on board. The sub survives an attack by banana freighter but somehow makes it to Guam. There she meets her old love interest. But the pilot has now a cat, she hates cats. Meanwhile the destroyer steers towards Japan passing Guam, terrible storm cuts the ship in half, but thanks to heroic effort from the now trans woman capt and the crew one half of the ship survives... Rrcon flight discovers it, the Japanese decide this high value target needs to sink. They send a wave of 77 kami planes. The wife pilotes one of them cause she was so bored sitting in Guam. 76 planes miss or are shot down by the cut in half ship (2 guns left on it) but one makes the attack. IT IS THE WIFE. Bomb goes not off, wife meets trans capt. Wife decides to become lesbian so she can be again together with now woman capt. We see the sunrise and they kiss each other.

The last scene then shows a sleeping Japanese pilot.. DAMN he missed the Kami sorty all together - overslept. Wants to give his cat a hug. BUT SHOCK, the cat is gone. He finds note, wife tells him she has taken the cat on the Kami mission and it is dead. Pilot cries, film ends.

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 20
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/3/2018 5:32:20 PM   
dwesolick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

BTW, the John Wukovits (most likely he is of Croatian origins and original family name is "Vukoviæ") is good modern WWII author...

Leo "Apollo11"

I agree. I have his "Pacific Alamo: The Battle for Wake Island" and I highly recommend it. Haven't read his Laffey book though. Looks good as well.

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 21
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/4/2018 3:38:46 PM   
Treetop64

Big fan of Gibson's direction. Looking forward to it.

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 22
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/7/2018 5:49:48 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: Colonel Mustard

quote:

quote:

No doubt starring Ben "Cabin Boy" Affleck as the Captain's love interest....

Brokeback Destroyer?

(in reply to dcpollay)
Post #: 23
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/7/2018 9:04:13 PM   
nashvillen

Toured the Laffey at Charleston when we stayed on the Yorktown (CV-10). There is a lot of story there.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 24
RE: OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze wa... - 5/8/2018 2:44:52 PM   
Yaab

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alpha77

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Ugh, I got a copy of the script. From my Hollyweird insider...

So the capt of the Laffey who was a man before has become a woman now. However his wife is not a lesbian. So she decides to find another love interest. She met a Japanese student in 1937. In 1943 she got letter from the student, he tells her that he want to fly Kamikaze. The wife is devastated. Seh decides to bribe Capt. Kane from a Gato class sub who agrees to smuggle her on board. The sub survives an attack by banana freighter but somehow makes it to Guam. There she meets her old love interest. But the pilot has now a cat, she hates cats. Meanwhile the destroyer steers towards Japan passing Guam, terrible storm cuts the ship in half, but thanks to heroic effort from the now trans woman capt and the crew one half of the ship survives... Rrcon flight discovers it, the Japanese decide this high value target needs to sink. They send a wave of 77 kami planes. The wife pilotes one of them cause she was so bored sitting in Guam. 76 planes miss or are shot down by the cut in half ship (2 guns left on it) but one makes the attack. IT IS THE WIFE. Bomb goes not off, wife meets trans capt. Wife decides to become lesbian so she can be again together with now woman capt. We see the sunrise and they kiss each other.

The last scene then shows a sleeping Japanese pilot.. DAMN he missed the Kami sorty all together - overslept. Wants to give his cat a hug. BUT SHOCK, the cat is gone. He finds note, wife tells him she has taken the cat on the Kami mission and it is dead. Pilot cries, film ends.

Definitely has potential.

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT: Gibson make movie about USS Laffey (Kamikaze war thriller) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI