Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

EIH Islamic Infantry implementation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EIH Islamic Infantry implementation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
EIH Islamic Infantry implementation - 5/6/2018 10:24:04 AM   
Daniel Amieiro

Hi!

In EIH 4.0 Islamic infantry was a kind of turkish militia for building purposes. That can be build on turkey (yamak I-II-II and in northern africa corps)

But in the software implementation, militia cannot be build in Ottoman and in minors.

I have put out the Ottoman flag, so i can build militia on Ottoman, but..
... minors can't build militia even with this flag put out

So i have several choices.

1.- @Pzgndr: could the "minor check" that forbids militia putted out? -> So i can do islamic infantry in northern Afrtica.
2.- If this can't be, other option can be go for the historial option:
- Northern Africa are home or conquered provinces of ottoman empire (eyalets). These give feudal troops. The only country not ottoman is morocco (and can give feudal too)
- Nothern Africa "countries" can only give "regular" infantry and cavalry if made kingdoms by non - otoman forces
- No "Ottoman Empire" can be done, only minor northern africa kingdoms.
- Aply same for Siria & Palestine -> So Siria Corps aren't in place and instead feudal troops.

This change have big impact in game. Turkey are bigger and has more money and manpower, and go for africa allways implies a war with Turkey. On the other hand, no ottoman empire gives less punch in middle game to Turkey (if turkey really gotted it...)

Post #: 1
RE: EIH Islamic Infantry implementation - 5/8/2018 12:49:15 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Amieiro
But in the software implementation, militia cannot be build in Ottoman and in minors.

I cannot find any restrictions in the original game rules for Turkey placing infantry in Ottoman and minors? Unless someone has a compelling argument for this restriction, I can look at the code to allow it.

Re-placement of Turkish feudal corps is limited to home countries, so that would stay.

Bill
Empires in Arms Development Team

(in reply to Daniel Amieiro)
Post #: 2
RE: EIH Islamic Infantry implementation - 5/8/2018 8:21:25 PM   
Daniel Amieiro

I will put in the correct words.
In minors, no militia can be buyed (no matter which major controls the minor), same for Ottoman.
So the only militia you can put is the initial one you put on scenario (but it can't be put on minors).
There is a flag in Turkey not allowing to buy militia, but i can mod it to set it down. But in minors, game simply doesn't let buy militia and not allow put militia (if you put initial militia in scenario it can't be putted).
In EIH 4.0 Algeria, Morocco, Tunis.. etc. build militia, not infantry in their corps. And put milita garrisoning (islamic infantry=kind of cheap militia in EIH)

On other test, i have created units with guard and artillery even for minors. Program allows to buy guard and artillery for minors if there is a corp with artillery or guard, but if there is a corp with militia, it doesn't let build militia -> Please let guard and artillery build as it is. I have in mind a "realistic scenario" and i wanna some minors could buy guard and even artillery and it works fine (it only allow to buy it for a country if there is a corp with these units, so it will work for any scenario) ;).

(i expect i have clarified my previous post)

The minimal behaviour needed is that a minor with a corp that has militia could buy militia

< Message edited by Daniel Amieiro -- 5/8/2018 8:43:13 PM >

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> EIH Islamic Infantry implementation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI