Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Chinese LCU's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Chinese LCU's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chinese LCU's - 5/30/2018 8:17:30 PM   
AW1Steve

Does any one know why I might be having trouble disbanding Chinese Land combat units at the national base at Chunking? I recognize that I can't disband restricted units , but have been unable to disband any Chinese units any where. And while I'm at it , is it a good idea to disband units that I don't need to equip units that I do? Many thanks in advance. I'm an absolute newbie as far as land combat is concerned. Especially in China. :(

Post #: 1
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/30/2018 8:24:25 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

Does any one know why I might be having trouble disbanding Chinese Land combat units at the national base at Chunking? I recognize that I can't disband restricted units , but have been unable to disband any Chinese units any where. And while I'm at it , is it a good idea to disband units that I don't need to equip units that I do? Many thanks in advance. I'm an absolute newbie as far as land combat is concerned. Especially in China. :(

I think it's set to disallow because of the resurrection rule. If you could disband you could "generate" thousands of free squads and then get the husks back over and over.

The Moose

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 2
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/30/2018 8:30:01 PM   
geofflambert

Just have a little patience and I'll disband them for you.

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/30/2018 9:24:57 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

I think it's set to disallow because of the resurrection rule. If you could disband you could "generate" thousands of free squads and then get the husks back over and over.

Thanks Steve. I was afraid it would be something like that. :(

Post #: 4
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/30/2018 9:26:30 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Just have a little patience and I'll disband them for you.

It's not in our game. I'm trying to learn to manage LCU's (especially China) so I'm running a game against the AI to build up my (lack of ) skills. :(

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 5
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/31/2018 3:06:00 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

quote:

I think it's a combination of this and the fact that the units are grey-restricted.

I've never tried it with the white-restricted or unrestricted Chinese units.

Post #: 6
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/31/2018 4:58:20 PM   
crsutton

They can't be disbanded. Only "sacrificed upon the alter of freedom."

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 7
RE: Chinese LCU's - 5/31/2018 7:13:33 PM   
rustysi

Get those that you can to India. There they may be kept behind the lines to build and train in peace, to be later used for the drive back to Burma and southern China.

Edit: Forgot to mention, they won't be draining Chinese supply either.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 5/31/2018 7:15:38 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 8
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/1/2018 5:47:33 AM   
Capt Hornblower

Against the AI, I don't think there's a need to evacuate Chinese troops to India. I've started a few games solo and played a ways into them, and the AI doesn't seem to be able to make significant inroads against my dispositions. (I always play with AI Difficulty on HARD.)

< Message edited by Capt Hornblower -- 6/1/2018 5:49:59 AM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 9
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/1/2018 6:29:00 AM   
Chris21wen

SOmething I've just learned here. Didn'y know any LCU could be disbanned. Other than Chinese at Chunking are there any others that can and what are the rules?

(in reply to Capt Hornblower)
Post #: 10
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/1/2018 11:20:59 AM   
tarkalak

At their National Base. And in a very large base too if I recall correctly.

There is an entry in the manual for that, but I don't have the manual right now.

I do not know what is scarier: that I do understand nothing of this demonic script or that I am starting to see the demons that it evokes.

Me, studying for a PHD entry exam in Applied Mathematics.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 11
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/1/2018 5:13:19 PM   
Chris21wen

Sorry for misleading you all, I should have said voluntary withdrawal/disband. There is nothing in the manual about it so it must have been introduced at a later date.

(in reply to tarkalak)
Post #: 12
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/1/2018 5:35:39 PM   
modrow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

Sorry for misleading you all, I should have said voluntary withdrawal/disband. There is nothing in the manual about it so it must have been introduced at a later date.

The "nothing in the manual" is found in section 8.2.1.

Disband Unit: If located at a base with greater than 100,000 supplies or in a key base (Delhi,
Auckland, Sydney, Vladivostok, San Francisco, Osaka or Tokyo), then the player may manually
disband units which will return 100% of active devices to the pool and 50% of disabled devices.
If in a key base this is free; if in a base with 100,000 supplies it will cost a portion of the units
VP value. The player is given the option whether or not to have the unit disbanded rebuilt in 180
days as an administrative cadre.

There are additional limitations that are not mentioned there though, but have been by other posters.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 13
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/2/2018 6:41:54 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: hartwig.modrow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris21wen

The "nothing in the manual" is found in section 8.2.1.

Disband Unit: If located at a base with greater than 100,000 supplies or in a key base (Delhi,
Auckland, Sydney, Vladivostok, San Francisco, Osaka or Tokyo), then the player may manually
disband units which will return 100% of active devices to the pool and 50% of disabled devices.
If in a key base this is free; if in a base with 100,000 supplies it will cost a portion of the units
VP value. The player is given the option whether or not to have the unit disbanded rebuilt in 180
days as an administrative cadre.

There are additional limitations that are not mentioned there though, but have been by other posters.

All this time and I missed that little tippet. I searched the damned pdf as well and never found it. Lots of supply needed in some cases and there's definnitely more restrictions than mentioned here, such as permantently restricted units cannot be disbanned.

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 14
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/2/2018 7:22:00 AM   
Yaab

Units that have a withdrawal date cannot be disbanded either.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 15
RE: Chinese LCU's - 6/2/2018 12:49:59 PM   
geofflambert

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

Get those that you can to India. There they may be kept behind the lines to build and train in peace, to be later used for the drive back to Burma and southern China.

Edit: Forgot to mention, they won't be draining Chinese supply either.

Typically, when I was playing allied, only the unrestricted Chinese troops were allowed to leave China. There are precious few of those. Anyways, I never had a problem building an impregnable line around Chunking at some substantial distance. That area has resources and factories to mfg supplies. Don't know why anyone would handle it differently.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Chinese LCU's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI