Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TANKHEAD'S UPDATES BONANZA!! COME AND GET IT!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TANKHEAD'S UPDATES BONANZA!! COME AND GET IT!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TANKHEAD'S UPDATES BONANZA!! COME AND GET IT!! - 6/9/2001 4:56:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hello Everyone! Lots of goodies for you today. Official Matrix complete OOB's release with Heat fix. Custom German OOB package from Joerg Loewenstein. 2 new scenarios from Jim "Figmo" Faletti. Winter Melee and Sounds In The Night. 1 new scenarios from Aniway SPWaW Team. Battle Of Lemetti "Motti" Custom German OOB's Package To make it work: Just copy the CONTENT of a file (not the file itself) into the SPWAW-file with the same name. The Oob, of course goes into the Steel Panthers... like all the other Oobs...make yourself a copy of the files you're going to replace, so you don't have to install SPWAW again, in case you don't like my changes !!! What's new: The Oob itself: I picked up a lot of (I think) good ideas from the forum and put it in. There is little changes in almost everything, varying from just the name (it is now the German one) to weapon-characteristics or the whole formation setup. The changes, that will have the most impact on game play are: - Stukas will be more accurate when bombing (dive bombing), giving them a higher chance to put out tanks with bombs (should be under perfect conditions around 30%) - German tripod mount machine guns are much more expensive to purchase and slightly more lethal - More German infantry types, to reflect the changing equipment and training during the war - All the formations and units are now called by their German name, but don't worry. The type of a unit is still in English, so everybody should be able to figure out what he's going to purchase... - A Norwegian Oob, that "stores" a lot of "not so common" strike elements of the Luftwaffe beginning Jan. 41 (in this place I want to say sorry to all Norwegians, cause I toggled off all the Nor formations from 41 on. It was the only way I could figure out to place German units in another Oob-file and get a good resemblance of the experience and morale stats) If you do not like this option (if you want to save the Norwegian partisans) simply do not replace the Oob86 The pics: Took quite some time, but I found a b/w pic for almost everything, giving the Oob some "reality" touch. Just take a look and I hope you'll enjoy... The shps: Some changes to vehicles, like Panther/Jagdpanther/JgPz IV... No sandbag castles anymore: I changed the symbol for entreched units the way I (an infantry-fanatic) could live with. Set the old mine style (showing the mines 1-4) The snds: Some minor changes (picked up some from the forum e.g.)...just listen... So all in all these changes were meant to add a bit more flavor to this almost perfect game and give the Oob70 a more German touch. It is mainly meant for use with German campaigns or pbem, if your opponent agrees, of course. But, it WILL HAVE some problems with scenarios !!! Although many work fine, some of the unit changes will cause weird icons and weapon names when playing scenarios (only involving Germany, of course). So keep yourself always a regular v5.01 Oob as a backup. So I hope you enjoy it and I would like to thank all, whose ideas I put into these files ! Scenarios from Figmo A WINTER MELEE V5.1 'Squad Leader' Scenario #19 Russian Advance vs German Delay With Russian Parratroopers Okorovovo February 17, 1942 Scenario adaptation by Jim 'Figmo' Faletti Visibility:20; Turns:12 Following the Russian winter counteroffensive, the Germans were forced to fall back to isolated pockets in an attempt to survive both the Russians and the Weather. In the resulting gaps, the Russians found useful employment for their cavalry in resupplying partisans. Occasionally, however, the Germans would sortie out from their pockets in an attempt to disrupt these Russian operations. On one such occasion, a recon element of the First Panzer Regiment broke up a planned partisan-cavalry operation, and frustrated their attempts to re-establish themselves in the town. The Russians reacted strongly and threw in the only immediately available reserve; an airborne drop by a battalion of the 204th Parachute Brigade. Soon the Germans found themselves in a wild melee with partisans, cavalry, and paratroopers. AFtermath: Not Surprisingly, the Russians had an exeptionally difficult time coordinating such vastly different troops and despite great gallantry by all concerned, the Germans were able to exploit their central position in the town and break up the isolated Russian attaacks until an armored relief column arrived. Disheartened, the regular army formations broke off the attack and headed back for their own lines, while the partisans simply faded back innto the woods. SOUNDS IN THE NIGHT V5.1 St. Lo., France, July 11 1944 U.S. Army Delay vs German Paratrooper Assault Turns: 12 Scenario Design by: Jim 'Figmo' Faletti This scenario is based on fact and is taken from a book called "Clay Pigeons of St. Lo" by Glover S. Johns, copyright January 1985. The situation: It is 1:30 in the morning, German Paratroopers and Engineers have launched a night attack all along on your battalion line. You are the American Battalion commander (1st Battalion, 115th Infantry, 29th Division), your field phone lines to your troops are out and there is no contact with Able Company (on the right side of the line) at all. The sound of gunfire is moving toward your right rear where your 81mm Mortars are. If they get past the Mortars they will be in Regiments frontyard. Will Able Company and parts of Baker Company regroup to stop the breakthrough and can you hold the rest of the line? To make matters worse Regiment doesn't believe it is much of a threat and won't send any reinforcements or much Artillery support. You must decide who goes to find Able Company and who stays to hold the line - You are on your own. Aftermath: Three companies of paratroopers and one Engineer Company attacked first Battalion that night. With the initial Artillery they did managed to disrupt the Engineers and once the Able Company leaders and some of Baker Company were able to regroup their troops near the mortars the assault was halted and turned back. The Map: The map was created by Marauder Mel for a different scenario. With his OK, I used it for this scenario. It is typical of the terrain in that part of France. Scenario from Aniway SPWaW Team Battle of Lemetti "Motti" Assault Finland vs USSR Near Lake Ladoga, Finland (February 28-29th 1939) Turns: 45 Author: Aniway SPWAW-team aniway@aniway.fi Note: The human should play the Finnish side with all settings turned on. Except command/control which should be turned off. This is the second scenario of Aniway SPWAW team. 2/28/1940: We have surrounded the Russian forces near Lake Ladoga. Your orders are to destroy the eastern "Motti" of Lemetti. We do not have any exact information about size, equipment or quality of Russian troops, so be careful. You should leave some reserves to our command post. Next chapter is a spoiler. DO NOT read it if you do not want to know the outcome of battle!. What happened in real-life: "At the end of February, some 3800 Soviet soldiers were left in the Motti of East Lemetti. On Feb. 28th at 0045 hrs, the Soviet High Command gave the permission to break out of the Motti, after which the troops were divided into two groups. The final and decisive Finnish attack began in the evening of Feb. 28th. During the battles that night, the still healthy defenders broke out, to east and south. The breakout was a partial success. The Southern group, which consisted of 1 237 men (mostly wounded and sick) when the breakout began, made it to friendly lines, losing 249 men. The Northern Group, consisting of some 1 500 men, was searched by planes until March 6th. Then it became clear that the whole Northern Group was annihilated - the escape attempt was very bloody. In many places, the retreat routes were lined with bodies. One party (part of the northern group) was virtually annihilated near one of the Finnish camping areas. Among the dead was, the HQ staff of the 34th Tank Brigade and the HQ of the 18th division. 412 bodies were counted, from which 310 were officers. The tired Soviet stragglers moving on foot, were easy prey to the pursuing Finnish units equipped with skis. The bulk of the "Motti of East Lemetti" was finally overrun at 0400 hrs on Feb. 29th, while some suicidal individuals (that were left behind) fought on until neutralized after fierce fighting. Some 3 100 Soviet dead were counted inside and around the motti, and a few dozen prisoners were captured." I hope you enjoy the new goodies and thanks to Figmo, Joerg, Aniway SPWaW Team and of course Matrix Games for the new OOB's. Tankhead [ June 08, 2001: Message edited by: Tankhead ]

Tankhead

Post #: 1
- 6/9/2001 5:10:00 AM   
Phil

Quick question Tankhead. Will the Modified OOB work with version 4.5? I'm STILL waiting for the CD. By the way, I really like the new look of the Forum.

Phil

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 2
- 6/9/2001 5:30:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I've played Figmo's Sounds in the Night. It was his payment to me for losing a Super Bowl bet. I personally think it is one of the very best to utilized the excellent capabilities of the infantry aspect of SPWAW. I'm quite sure the rest of these battles are top notch! This new OOB sounds pretty intriguing. I'll have to check it out. Oh, and if you haven't tried A Legend is Born and The Horrors of War, I hope you will grab those too. Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 3
- 6/9/2001 12:41:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hi Phil I'm not sure I haven't play with 4.5 in a while the best thing is E-Mail the author. Sorry I can't help you more on this matter. Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Phil: Quick question Tankhead. Will the Modified OOB work with version 4.5? I'm STILL waiting for the CD. By the way, I really like the new look of the Forum.

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 4
- 6/9/2001 12:52:00 PM   
steel

I didnt find Germany oobs ? where is it. Steel

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 5
- 6/9/2001 7:54:00 PM   
Figmo

Thanks Tankhead for posting the scenarios!! A Winter Melee is a Russian Airborne attack on the Germans with Cavalry and partisans - a bit unusual. Alexandra helped a lot with testing it for me - thanks again Alexandra. She did real well because she knew how to use the Russians. Actually "Sounds in the Night" came with the game - but it was the wrong version - in this one the Outposts don't have 81mm mortars. :eek: And thanks for the plug Wild Bill - it was indeed payment for me losing a bet on the Super Bowl - good thing I don't bet money. :D Hey Bill, did you ever think of converting the German attack on Atlanta - that was great - the one you made for losing a different Super Bowl bet. We are 1 and 1 now!! And I'll definately get those OOBs - thanks for everything Tankhead and you guys that did all the work on them!! Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 6
- 6/9/2001 9:56:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hi Steel Look on the Main Page under new OOB heading. You will see all the OOB's available present and past. Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by steel: I didnt find Germany oobs ? where is it. Steel

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 7
- 6/9/2001 10:01:00 PM   
Tankhead

It is my pleasure Figmo and I do love playing your scenarios :D I( remember that bet :D :D Thankhead
quote:

Originally posted by Figmo: Thanks Tankhead for posting the scenarios!! A Winter Melee is a Russian Airborne attack on the Germans with Cavalry and partisans - a bit unusual. Alexandra helped a lot with testing it for me - thanks again Alexandra. She did real well because she knew how to use the Russians. Actually "Sounds in the Night" came with the game - but it was the wrong version - in this one the Outposts don't have 81mm mortars. :eek: And thanks for the plug Wild Bill - it was indeed payment for me losing a bet on the Super Bowl - good thing I don't bet money. :D Hey Bill, did you ever think of converting the German attack on Atlanta - that was great - the one you made for losing a different Super Bowl bet. We are 1 and 1 now!! And I'll definately get those OOBs - thanks for everything Tankhead and you guys that did all the work on them!! Figmo

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 8
- 6/10/2001 12:38:00 AM   
steel

I found germany OOBS, thanks to Joerg Loewenstein. But what is: Matrix Official Complete Set Of OOB's With Heat Fix. Click On Image to Download 06-8-2001 Steel :D

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 9
- 6/10/2001 4:16:00 AM   
Tankhead

Hi Steel Click on image to download the file and unzip the file in a temp Dir. Cut and paste in your root folder of SPWaW and it will replace all the OOB's with the new one. VOILA Tankhead
quote:

Originally posted by steel: I found germany OOBS, thanks to Joerg Loewenstein. But what is: Matrix Official Complete Set Of OOB's With Heat Fix. Click On Image to Download 06-8-2001 Steel :D

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 10
- 6/10/2001 12:58:00 PM   
steel

quote:

Originally posted by Tankhead: Hi Steel Click on image to download the file and unzip the file in a temp Dir. Cut and paste in your root folder of SPWaW and it will replace all the OOB's with the new one. VOILA Tankhead
I have SPWAW v5.01, must i update OOBs with heat fix or is it inculed with v5.01. and WHAT is meaning "heat fix" :) Greetings from Steel :cool:

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 11
- 6/10/2001 1:42:00 PM   
Tankhead

Hi Steel! Yes these are for 5.1 Matrix official OOB's. We ain't going to do new OOB's for 4.5 :D That would be going backward. As for heat read your manual it will explain it. HEAT AMMO Tankhead

Tankhead

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 12
- 6/11/2001 1:58:00 AM   
Alby

The shps: Some changes to vehicles, like Panther/Jagdpanther/JgPz IV... No sandbag castles anymore: I changed the symbol for entreched units the way I (an infantry-fanatic) could live with. Set the old mine style (showing the mines 1-4) Hi guys, I downloaded the german oob package, and extracted just the "shp" files to my "shp" folder But I dont see any changes? perhaps I am missing something here? :confused:

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 13
- 6/11/2001 2:01:00 AM   
Arto

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: Hi guys, I downloaded the german oob package, and extracted just the "shp" files to my "shp" folder But I dont see any changes? perhaps I am missing something here? :confused:
Same here!

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 14
- 6/11/2001 2:06:00 AM   
Alby

LOL disregard previous post, I found the problem, when I extratced them it created a secondary "shp" folder, All is well now, good looking panthers!!!! others good as well, well done. ;)

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 15
- 6/11/2001 2:09:00 AM   
Arto

quote:

Originally posted by Alby: LOL disregard previous post, I found the problem, when I extratced them it created a secondary "shp" folder, All is well now, good looking panthers!!!! others good as well, well done. ;)
Thanks, maybe even I can now get it work right!!!!!!!

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 16
- 6/11/2001 2:10:00 AM   
Alby

Arto, Look for a new folder inside your "shp" folder called "shps" they are in there, just copy and paste them to the main "shp" folder. ;)

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 17
- 6/11/2001 2:10:00 AM   
Alby

LOL ARTO, we are posting too fast for each other!! LOL

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 18
- 6/11/2001 2:13:00 AM   
Arto

Yeah! :D

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 19
- 6/11/2001 2:29:00 AM   
Alby

If you know which one is the "entrenchment" icon, let me know, I may wanna switch that one back. Maybe it just takes some getting used to ;)

(in reply to Tankhead)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> TANKHEAD'S UPDATES BONANZA!! COME AND GET IT!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI