Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

commandops.github.io

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> commandops.github.io Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
commandops.github.io - 6/29/2018 4:52:06 AM   
Whicker

I made a little website:

https://commandops.github.io/

As a newb to the scenario editor I struggle trying to find stuff, it is all over the place. It seems like it should be easier.

- I resurrected the inst web based designer that George Hedfors (?) made a while back but had stopped working.
- I added a list of inst files that would be easy to maintain - any file in a particular folder will show up in the list.
- There is a list of Lua code samples that can be added to by filling out a simple form.

All this is hosted on GitHub, any interest in helping maintain it would be appreciated - you can do a pull request or if you really know your way around and want to actively work on it I can make you a collaborator. There is a link to the repo in the footer.

The inst Designer: https://commandops.github.io/inst-designer/ needs more testing - it won't work on Edge and probably internet exploder - stick with Chrome, though I did try it with FireFox and it worked. Most of my testing is just to make sure it downloads something - though I have pulled a few into the game and they looked correct to me (though I have since modified the code a bit, need to import some more to make sure I didn't break it). Once I did get an empty file for some reason but I have not seen that again. The Maps API is not free, but I get a certain amount of use as a credit, I'm pretty sure it is more than enough to cover any legit use.

I also have a rough plan to have a public scoring log - though I think there is going to be a limit on how far I get with that. I am using StaticMan to run my form for the code samples, and that same idea would work with game results - like name, scen name, score, and losses and expenditures, but I am not sure I will be able to break that out into separate pages due to how the staticman things works. Still thinking about it.

Here is a link to the form to submit a code sample - feel free to submit something if you have something worthwhile - but don't just test it with dummy data - it should show up on the home page in a minute or two:

https://commandops.github.io/code-sample-entry-form/

I will end up hiding that page to keep it from getting spammed - not quite sure how just yet. It should be fine for a few days.

I plan to make some notes on the repo of how to add stuff, it should be easy. I only added a few inst files to that list, I'm a little hesitant to just vacuum up anything I see and put it there. Could use some help with that. Same thing with links, there are a handful, could use some more.

There's all kinds of stuff that could be added, open to any suggestions, though no guarantee on how long I keep at it.

Just to be clear, anything and everything on that site is free to anyone to download, copy, fork, clone etc. Hopefully George is ok that I forked his repo!
Post #: 1
RE: commandops.github.io - 6/29/2018 5:01:48 AM   
Whicker

oh yeah - the inst Designer uses a json file of all the facilities - I'm guessing it is out of date? is there a way to verify it is out of date, and if so, how would I get all that in the same type of json file?

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 2
RE: commandops.github.io - 6/29/2018 7:46:36 AM   
morphin

Great Thank's you

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 3
RE: commandops.github.io - 7/1/2018 7:53:25 AM   
VIF2NE

Excellent! Great tool!

I really want to delete any marker.
Is it possible to use wikimapia for topographical reasons?
There are already a lot of interesting objects.

< Message edited by VIF2NE -- 7/1/2018 11:02:14 AM >

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 4
RE: commandops.github.io - 7/1/2018 3:34:19 PM   
Whicker

to delete a marker you double click on it.

Not sure about wikimapia, they don't have much info on their api and I'm just a hack.

(in reply to VIF2NE)
Post #: 5
RE: commandops.github.io - 7/2/2018 12:47:16 PM   
VIF2NE

Thanks, it works!

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 6
RE: commandops.github.io - 7/5/2018 7:20:46 AM   
Whicker

I added a filter box to the inst Designer, seems to work. Definitely needs more testing but it looks good.

I also added a unit to it - it is easy to do, if there is something in the game that is a facility and is not in the inst designer you can list the full name in quotes and then a colon and the db #, and then a comma and it I can add it. Or you can do a pull request on https://github.com/commandops/commandops.github.io/blob/master/assets/js/data.json (requires a github account).

So like: "A/C Revetment (1x Small Aircraft) (Generic)": 196,

(in reply to VIF2NE)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> commandops.github.io Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI